Liam Gallagher on City, United etc

I do myself but you’re not telling me there aren’t Mancunians who over egg the accent, especially if they are of the indy band persuasion?

Well yeah, also when I was in jersey we had lad start work in the hotel as a porter, who was from Hale.
First time I meet him he comes strolling in the kitchens for something first words out of his mouth to some KP
"EE R, R kid" followed by a "double top" ans "sorted" all in an exagerated manc accent.
We never got on for the 2 years I knew him and I think that first hearing of him doing my accent in a fake wank way was the reason, that and because he was a rag twat too.

Last edited:
I like these threads.

The jealousy is always there. No wonder people fuck off from Manchester if they become successful. Imagine what it must be like walking in a pub and facing this stuff from small town people

Who do you refer to as small town people? Most comments on here were from people who lived near them or went to school with them, so are not from a small town and never seemed jealous, jist recanting tales from their youth.

Also I doubt if either walked into a pub bar a few requests for selfies, most would treat them as other customers and not even bother them.

One thing I always found good about manc is that you would find local musicians, actors, performers in pubs in the area and are not mobbed and harrased just treated as normal people and left to do what they are doing in peace

Last edited:
I swear a lot it's a mannerism that I have tried to get control of but have failed, when I am pissed off it gets worse or better dependng on how you look at it.

Last edited:
Well mancunians in Mamchester tend to soundd Mancunian, in all its areas, not just the mile radius of town, and my few mate from oldham, bury and outer bolton way tend to sound lancastrian.

I worked a few years in Jersey many years ago and after about 2 years there I had really cut down on swearing.
A few friends came over form Manc for a week and I was slightly shocked at the amount fucks that were inserted into nearly every sentance.
Since I have returned home, my levels of use of the F and C word has risen. Never realised what afoul mouthed city we are amongst many.
Would you ever fuck off with that shite, you silly ****!

Like some have said, he's just acting a part for the media. That's the persona he's developed over the years.

Who do you refer to as small town people? Most comments on here were from people who lived near them or went to school with them, so are not from a small town and never seemed jealous, jist recanting tales from their youth.

Also I doubt if either walked into a pub bar a few requests for selfies, most would treat them as other customers and not even bother them.

One thing I always found good about manc is that you would find local musicians, actors, performers in pubs in the area and are not mobbed and harrased just treated as normal people and left to do what they are doing in peace

Read the thread, as soon as it started people could not wait to have a dig.

It is just jealousy and to me those are small town and even small minded people.

Most were saying, a mate of a mate or I heard from...

Good luck to the Gallaghers. Wrote some good songs and reaped the rewards.

Read the thread, as soon as it started people could not wait to have a dig.

It is just jealousy and to me those are small town and even small minded people.

Most were saying, a mate of a mate or I heard from...

Good luck to the Gallaghers. Wrote some good songs and reaped the rewards.

Yeah if you read page one of the four you get negative posts, but tbf looking at which posters that were are you suprised.

I think noels a knob head, not because I care or am jealous, but because of recent comments, same I think morrissey is a knobhead.
Liam I have no opinion of him, just alocal lad done alright for himself, fair fucks.

Not really a big fan of oasis anyway, cannot say they are my go to band or in my top 20 must listen to, so am not invested enough to care or be jealous about them.

Yeah if you read page one of the four you get negative posts, but tbf looking at which posters that were are you suprised.

I think noels a knob head, not because I care or am jealous, but because of recent comments, same I think morrissey is a knobhead.
Liam I have no opinion of him, just alocal lad done alright for himself, fair fucks.

Give me 2 pages at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.