Liam Smith signs official

If you have to pull out a 5 year old post to prove your 'point' then you've already lost the argument. And you're still a fanny.
As I said numb nuts, Roberts is an example
You run through the list then of young players we've bought who have progressed to the first team in the last five years

Just trying to think who was the last TOP Quality Scottish player that played for City.
Leaving aside Paul Dickov as not being top quality ,would Colin Hendry be the classed as top quality.
Or do we have to go back to the 70s with the likes of Asa Hartford or Willie Donachie?
loved the wee hole in the heart man so good we signed him twice

You run through the list then of young players we've bought who have progressed to the first team in the last five years

Some are still with us and not yet ready for the first team. Others are out on loan to get experience and some have moved on to other clubs. None have had their career ruined that I can think of.

Really!!

We collect young players and then farm them out like lambs are shipped up and down the M6
Realistically it will only ever be a tiny percentage that make it into our first team. In a sense the academy is our way of putting something back. Yes, we are hoovering up young talent, but we are not exactly hoarding it. Every one gets the best facilities, training and education possible. It's not as if we even cream off all the best - agents make sure the likes of sturridge, and sancho profit from their talents. The others that 'get shipped up and down the M6' have all the advantages that the best academy can give, and other clubs have a real prospect at a fraction of the development cost it would have been to themselves. Granted, their original clubs from when they were 12 might not be happy.

Your example, not mine and you claimed we 'fucked up his career' as 'we have with other youngsters'. Now you're trying to change it to progressing to the first team as you know you're talking bollocks.

Well let's hope we don't fuck his career up like we have with other youngsters

If you want to find out something about the youth setup I'd suggest reading the EDS and Academy Forum (did you know we have one?). Perhaps someone can educate you in there although I wish them luck in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.