Licence Fee (TV)

brooklandsblue2.0

I cancelled my direct debit a few weeks back. I’ve always found the whole thing a bit strange in this day and age but the constant bias, politicising and inflated salaries of the likes of Zoe Ball and Lineker were the final straw for me.

I’ve received the first semi threatening letter and I’ve had a read online about what my rights are etc.

has anyone got any experience with this and can offer advice? whilst I believe in what I’m doing I CBA with bailiffs etc at my door and constant harassment.

I cancelled my direct debit a few weeks back. I’ve always found the whole thing a bit strange in this day and age but the constant bias, politicising and inflated salaries of the likes of Zoe Ball and Lineker were the final straw for me.

I’ve received the first semi threatening letter and I’ve had a read online about what my rights are etc.

has anyone got any experience with this and can offer advice? whilst I believe in what I’m doing I CBA with bailiffs etc at my door and constant harassment.
If the bailiff comes knocking, simply drag him to your sex pond and lob him in; )

The name of the Licence is misleading. We do not have to hold and pay for a licence to own and watch televisions. We are paying a licence fee to watch any BBC platform and any live television on any other channels.

You can have a tele and just watch the catch-up services on ITV Hub, All 4, My5, UKTV Play (this does not include BBC iPlayer); as well as subscription services like Netflix and Prime Video, video hosting sites like YouTube, online streaming, and DVDs; and you do not have to pay the licence fee.

Good man, but why would they send bailiffs to your door when you have not yet been charged with any offence. Just completely ignore them and get on with you life. The letters they harass the populace with with are just random computer generated shite so simply file them under B for bin. If any one came a knocking at your door it would just be an agent working on behalf of Capita to ascertain why you do not have a licence. The are only ordinary working class sausages on £10 an hour with no power of enforcement so politely close the door in their face. Never ever get into any conversation with them, zero communication means zero conviction. The only way they can prosecute is if you let them in to your home and then sign their TVL178 Record of Interview self incrimination form, and I know that your more than intelligent enough not to do that. They are only there to gather evidence. I have had one visit in 15 years but many letters saying that an enforcement officer will call but they never do. In another words there bark is worse than the bite and just a toothless organization that love to bully and worry home owners. The tone of the computer generated letters they send out are a national disgrace.

Last edited:
Good man, but why would they send bailiffs to your door when you have not yet been charged with any offence. Just completely ignore them and get on with you life. The letters they harass the populace with with are just random computer generated shite so simply file them under B for bin. If any one did came a knocking at your door it would just be an agent working on behalf of Capita to ascertain why you do not have a licence. The are only ordinary working class sausages on £10 an hour with no power of enforcement so politely close the door in their face. Never ever get into any conversation with them, zero communication means zero conviction. The only way they can prosecute is if you let them in to your home and then sign their TVL178 Record of Interview self incrimination form, and I know that your more than intelligent enough not to do that. They are only there to gather evidence. I have had one visit in 15 years but many letters saying that an enforcement officer will call but they never do. In another words there bark is worse than the bite and just a toothless organization that love to bully and worry home owners. The tone of the computer generated letters that they send out are a national disgrace and yet they send them out without knowing if you even need a licence.

You you politely close the door on them? : /
Without educating them on merits of TV nits, Cissy Greens pies and the price of beans in Lidl, Benidorm, Bob?

"I don't believe it!", as owd Victor meldrew once said ; )

I've not paid for 5 years. They still send their threatening letters but I haven't opened one for years. No-one has come to the door either. Just ignore them.

Just to add to Two Gun Bob's excellent advice.
The ' TV enforcement officers ' that may turn up at your door are only salesmen, they have as much power as a double glazing salesman (non) and are on commission - they get £20 for every person that they stitch up so it is in their interest (not yours) to get a signature on their confession form.
So should they ever turn up at your door just shut the door in their face.

You you politely close the door on them? : /
Without educating them on merits of TV nits, Cissy Greens pies and the price of beans in Lidl, Benidorm, Bob?

"I don't believe it!", as owd Victor meldrew once said ; )

It's very difficult not to engage as it's good to talk. It's tempting to pull them in for a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake as we don't get a lot of visitors being olden folk. But Just like vampires they can never come in without an invite so never allow one over your threshold as they will bite. It's quite amazing what someone will do for £10 an hour when hungry.

4EoDzGC.gif

Advice?
Pay up if you watch live tv you fucking thief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.