Lifelong Blue, 21, killed chasing mobile phone thief

CTID1988

The lad went to my school and used to drink in my local, good lad and a city fan too. The article hasnt seen an update yet, but i found out yesterday that he passed away from his injuries. R.I.P Dave

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1458471_man-21-hit-by-bus-on-oxford-road-was-chasing-after-mobile-phone-thief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... hone-thief</a>

A 21-year-old man is fighting for life after he was struck by a bus on Oxford Road in Manchester city centre.

He received serious head injuries in the collision near the junction with Charles Street.

The bus driver went to the man's aid and later told police he had been approached by two women who told him they believed the man had been the victim of a theft moments before the collision.

They told the driver the man may have been pursuing a cyclist who stole his mobile phone when the collision happened.

Detective Sergeant Shagufta Khan, of Bradford Park CID, said: "A young man has been left fighting for his life so we really need to speak to these two woman.

"We have had no other reports of a theft so we need to ask them exactly what they saw. If you approached the bus driver last night we want to know exactly what you told him - your information could be vital to this inquiry.

"I also want to hear from anyone who was in that area at the time. It happened close to the BBC building on Oxford Road and there were no doubt plenty of people around at the time."

The accident was just after 11.30pm on Saturday.

Anyone with information is asked to call Bradford Park CID on 0161 856 3543 or 3540 or independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: Man, 21, killed chasing mobile phone thief

I didnt know him myself, but know a few friends that knew him

Such a loss of life at 21

RIP

sad news, people who do this need torturing its fucking scum.

on the radio before it said he was very ill and
still in hospitaL

u2fme2 said:
on the radio before it said he was very ill and
still in hospitaL

No mate, he has passed away,

gaudinho's stolen car said:
im_still_here said:
sad news, people who do this need torturing its fucking scum.

It was an accident, the bus driver stopped to help.
I suspect he means the person who robbed him beforehand, not the bus driver.

what is his name?

thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.