Limewire gone!!!

PMSL...........Have you lot been living in a bubble ???

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11635320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11635320</a>

I was amazed that people still used LimeWire when I heard about the court injunction last week.....
I was around 14-15 when I last used Limewire, what 10years ago now lol...

My advice is to legally obtain audio if you want single tracks.
So download Spotify then download the Spotify Ripper which will extract the data from your soundcard and encode this into an mp3 file.
This is not illegal.

The other method is to download Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome then install a youtube ripper which again will extract the audio data from the video and encode this into an mp3 file.
This is not illegal.

Search google for any of the above.

for albums the "safest" way is blogs/music forums where users will upload the albums online using services such as Rapidshare/Megaupload.
Then give you the hyperlink.
if you find the right places its straightforward from then on.
Most places are private/invite only

Torrenting is p2p, so you are uploading data whilst downloading at the same time, this can result in RIAA and other orgs recording info about your connection and its activities.

aphex said:
i was watching the news the other day and the proposed move for a tax relief on computer games has been abolished..

so i can't see that changing either.
fucking stupid that.
UK gaming companies need help to compete with the US rather than paying shit loads of taxes.

sorry. carry on. Just needed to be said.

Sad news indeed. That will really hit our business! Most machines that come in with viruses have limewire on them :(

Those youtube or spotify rippers give you shit quality sound! When I download music I have to have it at 320 for my ipod or Flac or Shn files for my computer, anything below that and the sound quality is just wank imo.

I download alot of music rather than buy CD's but I back it up by spending alot of money going to see bands and giving them money through that and buying merch, which I'd imagine can be more profitable than some of the shitty deals they've signed through labels!

Lost Pilot said:
Those youtube or spotify rippers give you shit quality sound! When I download music I have to have it at 320 for my ipod or Flac or Shn files for my computer, anything below that and the sound quality is just wank imo.

You can have a "wank" sounding audio file that has a 320kbps sample rate, Many of my audio files i've personally encoded are at 192kbps and many sound much nicer than some 320kbps files.

I've ripped many files from Spotify and they sound good on both the 500watt amp and the cheap mp3 player i use at the gym...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.