Lineker Reprimands Hansen For Anti City Sneers?

Pigeonho said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I found the BBC commentary interesting. It was more like propaganda. I'm still wondering if I actually saw A Young commit two of the most blatant acts of cheating I've seen in an England shirt, as it wasn't mentioned.
Like pro-England propaganda?
I prefer truth to bullshit.

I found the BBC commentary interesting. It was more like propaganda. I'm still wondering if I actually saw A Young commit two of the most blatant acts of cheating I've seen in an England shirt, as it wasn't mentioned.
Not only did he dive he screamed out loud as well,worst player on the pitch last night absolutely woeful.

blue12 said:
Not only did he dive he screamed out loud as well,worst player on the pitch last night absolutely woeful.

Up until about March Young was (hate to say it) having a decent season. Since he started getting called out for his diving on a more regular basis, his confidence has gone through the floor. Whatever you think of his ability, players whose confidence has so clearly gone should not be in the squad for a major tournament. He certainly shouldn't have been taking a penalty - you could see it all over his face he was going to miss. He blasted it against the bar because his composure and confidence were still in Carrington. Contrasting him with Pirlo is unfair becuase he has a vast amount more experience, but comparing Young's composure with Mario's or even Diamante shows why he shouldn't have been there.

It's the same reason why he has played like a twat through the whole tournament. I lost count of the times he gave the ball away last night. God knows why Milner was taken off instead of Young. Last night, England carried Young. (And Rooney.) And it showed.

Couldn’t stand Lawrenson’s comments about Balotelli – “if his brains were petrol he wouldn’t get out of the garage”. Tw*t. There is still a very anti-City thing going on at the Beeb.
Yes, have you opinions but it’s gone beyond that & become personal. What sort of comment is that ?

blue12 said:

Worst player of the tournament. An absolute useless fanny merchant and a cheat to boot (fucking hard).

johnny crossan said:
Anybody else catch the exchange when Lineker turned on Hansen about "juvenile back references" in the pre-match build up? Earlier Hansen said that Mario had won nothing, Dixon came back with "The Championship?" then turkey neck opined that City only won it because Balotelli got banned after being sent off at Arsenal. They then went to some pre-recorded stuff and the incident occurred just as they came back.

Or did I imagine this?

Balotelli. A Champions League medal, 3 Seria A medals, 1 Premier league medal, 1 Italian Cup medal, 1 UEFA Supercup medal, 1 FA Cup medal (all before the age of 22).<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 pm --<br /><br />
GazM said:
Couldn’t stand Lawrenson’s comments about Balotelli – “if his brains were petrol he wouldn’t get out of the garage”. Tw*t. There is still a very anti-City thing going on at the Beeb.
Yes, have you opinions but it’s gone beyond that & become personal. What sort of comment is that ?

My Mrs noted that comment as being petualant and she doesn't follow footy that much!

Im a Scotsman but as England had 3 city starters i was happy enuf for them to win but the commentry through the whole tourny has been terrible, Parker caught the guy on the side of the head with his shin by accident and Lawro is saying the guy is faking it unreal would love to have heard him had it been mario falling on someone!!!!

And also found it strange how England claimed getting to the QF was a surprise, there must be at least 6 of the starting #11 league winners so why wouldnt they get that far??

Sky Blue said:
blue12 said:

Worst player of the tournament. An absolute useless fanny merchant and a cheat to boot (fucking hard).

I'm sure I heard somewhere that according to those Opta stat things, in the first 2 games combined Young completed a grand total of 16 passes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.