Linux?

A quick search on thread titles shows that they were all started back in 2012 so presumably long dead, I'm getting unresponsive messages at the moment on here so couldn't get in to any of them.

I just wondered how many *nix users were on BM and if there was an existing/active forum that I could check out. I tried some searches myself and got similar results.

I used to be a Unix consultant on mainly AIX, Solaris & HP-UX based systems. I started using Linux for my own computers in the late 80's/early 90's, Red Hat, SuSE & others. Eventually settled on Mint but decided to change when they stopped supporting QT. After trying a fair few distros I have been using KDE (neon & plasma) for the last few years. Works for me ;)

Wsl2 heathen checking in.

About to build my next system tho which will be dual boot for sure

I know it's fucked but GPT is really useful, anyone can be a command line freak and knock out epic grep one liners.

Wsl2 heathen checking in.

About to build my next system tho which will be dual boot for sure

I know it's fucked but GPT is really useful, anyone can be a command line freak and knock out epic grep one liners.

I've heard of WSL1/2 but have never gone that way. I doubt I ever will as the main OS, for me. is always *nix.

I presume u r going to use MS winDOH!s as ur base/default OS.

I have set up hundreds, probably a lot more, of multi-boot systems and that is the easiest way as most linux distro's allow u to install linux alongside the native (original and/or current) OS(s). You will need to reconfigure ur storage device(s) before installing linux. Loads of easy ways to do it depending ur approach.

Another way to do it is to use additional OS's as virtual machines. I use Oracle VM VirtualBox. I use it with a linux host. It can be a PITFA setting it up. Although I've never tried it, it's probably easier using MS windoze as host because of licencing issues.

It may be a stupid question on my part but if u r using WSL2 why do u need to use grep?

Just installed Linux Mint onto a windows 11 system dual-booting. After a bit of faffing it's working well and not many changes from when I last used it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.