Linux?

most Linux based distros absolutely blow away Windows now and they have done for many years. I don't dual boot, I just run Arch or Kubuntu.
Blow away is an understatement. It is more like obliterattion. Was using Mandriva 15 years ago. I was running circles around Windows users. The KDE package was just ahead of its time then. I had an edge. Was on dual boot with windows7 and Madriva.

Blow away is an understatement. It is more like obliterattion. Was using Mandriva 15 years ago. I was running circles around Windows users. The KDE package was just ahead of its time then. I had an edge. Was on dual boot with windows7 and Madriva.

I started with Mandrake with KDE in 2001ish but then it was discontinued and I didn't like Red Hat.

Hard to believe someone could improve on KDE but Cinnamon did it for me. I guess I'm one of those users who really likes Linux if it can be made to use like WIndows 7 graphically.. and Cinnamon desktop just nailed it.

It's almost like I don't even wanna argue over what linux someone uses.. as long as I can use a Cinnamon flavor to it. Hell even Debian has a Cinnamon option now and ofcourse there's LMDE.

I am looking at Arch at the mo.
Cupla questions if that's OK.
1. How did u install it, i.e. thru CLI (from Arch web site .iso) or Arch GUI site (ALG)?
2. Which Desktop Environment do u use?

1. Through the terminal. Its not as hard as it sounds and Arch Wiki (the single greatest resource for all Arch stuff) has a guide.
2. I use KDE on X11.

1. Through the terminal. Its not as hard as it sounds and Arch Wiki (the single greatest resource for all Arch stuff) has a guide.
2. I use KDE on X11.
Ta for info. Ended up using ALG, piss easy, got latest stable version & defaults to KDE plasma :-)
I'm still trying to get used to the 'Arch' way of doing things ;-(
One more question, probably a long shot, have you used archiso to create image files and/or, on different *nix plaforms, xorriso?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.