Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care if it works out at 500 million, he’s worth it for the commercial aspect, footballing aspect, potential legacy and pure FAP FAP from everyone in football, ‘little City, sign Lionel Messi’.... I’ll also take all the extra fans he brings (for their money) and I’ll some extra fries...
In think that’s what I was ’trying’ to say :)

Messi coming would be fantastic for Foden!

The team will need his energy and mobility even more than it does now, same goes for Jesus. We would need the players who will work for the team the most.

Mahrez on the other hand...guy has a lot of qualities, but they're similar to Messi's, just nowhere near the same level. Also Aguero, is hard to see them in the same side in the big games anyway, playing the way we do.

Why though? If we sign him then it means the finances are not a problem. I’m sure we all trust the board enough to know they are not going to jeopardise the club. And the only expense to you personally will be to get MESSI 10 on your shirt. I think you’ll recover from the financial hit to be honest. Just enjoy it. The greatest ever football player is coming to City.
I won’t be buying a shirt haha, I’m not 14.

Random newspapers who hate us are throwing around huge numbers to convince their terrified readership that we're just buying football and it's a terrible idea, yet some on here choose to actually believe these numbers they've plucked out there arse and are worried about them? Jesus wept
Meanwhile Chelsea are having a stormer of a window by spending a mere £200m+...

I doubt signing him would actually *cost* a lot really. The increased sponsorship revenue given the increase of people watching the games, the Puma deal will be straight up for regotiation given the shirts he will shift then potentailly even more sponsorship and corprate revenue once fans are allowed back in

In addition to that, you'd like to think he would score a few goals and get us increased Champs League revenue and the spin offs for potentially winning that

This is not a Samaras or Tal Ben-Haim situation - City will not be betting the house on him and looking for spare changed down the back of the sofa. This is a deal City(and potentially others) have been preparing for years. Covid has probably blown a whole in some companied sponsorship budget and those companies will now be doing the sums i.e cost of doing V the cost of not doing

In my humble opinion. It's definetley a go if they can make it work. 70% stay at Barca V 30% he joins City. If we can get him for circa 100mil then I think City will do it, anything around or over 150mil then I think it's a non starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.