Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really!? you die hard Man City fan with 300 posts since 2012.

Funny isn’t it how a number of Blue moon posters who had nothing to say when we scored 150 goals under Pellegrini, or when Pep arrived, or when we were cheated out of the champions league, or when we won the league with 100 points, or when we won the domestic quadruple, are suddenly motivated to say Messi won’t be coming even though (if reports aren’t correct) Messi himself has said he wants to come

It doesn't really bother me. This is too big a deal to worry about how the club is portrayed for the moment especially as everything would change if he signed. That is part of what bothers me because although he is a footballer he is also so much more than that. He is larger than life and no one can value him as a footballer especially because he lives in the here and now and what at 33 he can really do. He's one of the football icons like Eusebio, Pele, or Best who carry with them memories of what they have done but they can not go on forever. No one will see that now though.

I want this deal to happen now for emotional and not rational reasons. The hopes I have are intangibles like the effect on other players, and the perception of Manchester City. If we were to sign Messi I do not expect to see Messi in his pomp. He was in a great side and he could not carry them so he will not carry us either. He will be a supremely gifted player nearing the end of his career.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

He’s currently better than any player we’ve ever had and by a distance.

Here’s a video of his goals and assists from last season. A completely different level.

A909-A05-C-B288-459-B-B7-F2-9474625-A76-D0.jpg

This is my thought exactly, he could be paid £1000,000 per week, but unlike Kun who’s lived here for years i think swapping Barcalona for Manchester will be too much of a change - palm tree’s, sunshine & beaches to constant rain, grey clouds every morning and the opportunity to sit on the M60 for hours. Think it was Nolito who said it was like living in a cave. Messi’s missus & kids won’t like it.
If he does decide to come, i know of a good sunbed shop & can get a discount for The Metrolink if he ever needed it
He's a footballer not a tourist.

The completely crazy thing is that if he does sign we cannot even see him play, however that is temporary.

Looks like there will be 16,000 signatures today to get a no confidence against Bartomeu which I think would force him to stand down.

im confident Messi wants to come But I just don’t see Barca agreeing any deal, hope I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.