Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that you can still get decent odds on this. 9/10. Almost double your money.

Because bookies only care about the line. If enough people are putting money on for him to "stay" then to go to City will stay high. They win no matter what. Not everyone like (city fans) is as heavily invested into it wherr we wait for tolmie or ahsans posts for every bit of news. I've got a bunch of 20 neutral mates ans all of them do not think he is going city theyre all sure he is staying at barca ans it's all BS. So people like that will always put money for Messi to stay

I am not sure that he is the best player in world football but ranking him as No. 1 or no. 5 is not really that useful. What I do not like is this portrayal of Messi as some timeless God. Clearly the Messi at 33 is not the Messi of 19 who terrorised players by sprinting through defences with the ball tied to his feet. I had forgotten just how amazing he was.

Now we have a more cerebral Messi. The slalom runs are still there. I saw one run against Bayern Munich but the acceleration is not there. The fantastic technique though and vision is there.
I realise you aren’t complaining but to add, even without his pace, he is the best dribbler of the ball in the world, the most proficient assist maker in the world and the most lethal finisher in the world.

We have pace in Sterling and Jesus, what we’ve needed for a long time is someone, aside from Aguero, who doesn’t need 5 chances to score 1 goal. And we are getting the best in the world at that, sometimes he doesn’t even need a chance to score.

Book it; Leo Messi will score over 30 league goals next year if we sign him, Kev will smash, smash, the assist record with him in the team.

I'm amazed that you can still get decent odds on this. 9/10. Almost double your money.
How many City fans are 'laying' Messi coming to City on Betfair as an emotional hedge, or is it just me? I am happy to lose £30 if he comes to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.