Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder Messi wants to leave, this from March. Passed me by at the time...

Multiple reports wrote that Barça hired social media company I3 Ventures on a million-euro contract to create fake social media accounts to discredit people and players critical of Bartomeu and the board. The alleged victims include stars Lionel Messi and Gerard Piqué, as well as rival board members other figures associated with the club.

I3 Ventures published posts disparaging Messi for his delay in re-signing with Barça, while Piqué was criticized for his business interests in tennis’s Davis Cup. There was concern that Piqué’s attention on the Davis Cup would distract him from his role with Barça.
You just don't stop going on. :-)

Bartomeu is rapidly approaching Rumminegge levels of loathing.

I'm too confused by him, to hate him.

Plus, the cleverness in this is; so far none of it has anything to do with City, at all.

We are lurking in the water, ready to move in for the kill.

#sharkteam as Mendy would say.

67-E044-EB-C893-4802-AEEA-82-EC65-ED4-FDA.jpg

Looks like the potential for massive liability too though - you would think City would have had enough of these court cases for one summer.
Not really. Legal (and CAS) precedent already shows (2 cases) that the amount would be very slightly more than what was owed to the player in wages over the remainder of the contract. So it’s somewhere between £50-70m if you include the increase on top of the ten months of his salary that is owed.

Even a “worst case” doubling would still make it viable, plus Barca would be waiting 2-4 years to receive a dime from City. That’s why it won’t come to that. We hold literally all the cards as Messi is determined to move. It’s done bar the shouting.

Last edited:
Maybe Jorge Messi will be stuck at Argentina due to covid for weeks.

Can Mansour send a taxi for him? Or a submarine?

I wonder how Barcelona will announce his departure? Is he going to get a big, glowing tribute with a 15 minute highlight video or is it going to be a quick 'Messi has left, we wish him well.' thing?

Or weirder yet, no wishing him well. Just a statement he has left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.