Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long does it take before city have to move on ?

i know its messi and once in a lifetime chance but this could be slowing down the rebuild and city need to be flying right from the kick off, we still have not signed a replacement for kompany and please don't say nathan ake will be the only centre back we sign in this window

we must now give messi a time slot for him to sign, we are even not going to be 100% he is covid-19 free and isolation coming into the uk takes 2 week so this week we must have a answer or messi does not start the season at city
Fuck. Imagine him only being able to play 58 of 60 matches this season.

My guess is that they have no credible position and they know it, but they are just throwing out distraction stuff until they get the opportunity to talk directly with Messi's dad.

I am expecting them to make some crazy large offer when they meet face to face as a 'last throw of the dice' - that could be their only chance - an offer so big that it (they think) cannot be refused. Then it can be portrayed as a Kaka style change of mind due to the fans.

Of course I might just be letting my imagination run away with me - but it feels the only move that makes sense
My worry is that we get him and next march after the presidential elections his mate Xavi is installed as manager and we then have months of stories that he wants to go back "home" and City end up letting him leave.

Don't get me wrong only a fool would turn down the chance to get him on a free but if we have to pay millions for the privilege of having him here he'd better be here for 3 years at least or else we'd be better off going for a Sancho or an Haarland.

Personally I think he's just doing a bigger version of the annual Messi dance. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.