Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
was out with the family today, I was amazed how many kids I saw in Barça shirts with Messi on the back. Mostly scousers too which made me laugh, if he does sign I can see all the dads suddenly banning them in the house (the shirts not their kids). But goes to show that kids want a Messi top.
No, they'll ban the kids too. They're Scousers... very high likelihood they aren't the father anyway.

Reported his wages will be £623mil over 5 years. This is ridiculous, that's an entire squad worth of transfers. Plus whatever fee Barcelona will demand. If we don't win the League or Champions league we have crippled ourselves for a significant amount of time.
We have no idea if that is accurate. But even if it is, the commercial value Messi will offer to the club is insane.

We have no idea if that is accurate. But even if it is, the commercial value Messi will offer to the club is insane.
I hope so mate but surely not to the tune of an extra 100mil a season. We're not a 2 horse league, Chelsea have strengthened massively, Liverpool look dominant, Arsenal have been much better under Arteta and even the Rags have turned a page since signing Fernandes. It seems a massive gamble for a player who will decline, especially when key players will be the wrong side of 30 soon.

We could sign 2/3 World Class players a season for this kind of money, as well as extending the North stand. We need to think long term rather than risking it all for 2 seasons. I really hope we do the right thing.

I hope so mate but surely not to the tune of an extra 100mil a season. We're not a 2 horse league, Chelsea have strengthened massively, Liverpool look dominant, Arsenal have been much better under Arteta and even the Rags have turned a page since signing Fernandes. It seems a massive gamble for a player who will decline, especially when key players will be the wrong side of 30 soon.

We could sign 2/3 World Class players a season for this kind of money, as well as extending the North stand. We need to think long term rather than risking it all for 2 seasons. I really hope we do the right thing.
I don't see any other world class players on the market. It's not as if they grow on trees, my friend. We are pretty much net zero this window, so we have the funds to spend greatly.

From what I read is we would give him equity in city group to make that up. So it’s “worth” that but it’s not what we will be paying out in wages. If we give him an equity etc then ffp basically doesn’t mean crap. I have faith in the club, we are not run by idiots. If they thought doing this would cripple us they would never even attempted to do it. The commercial value alone will be worth it. Imagine how many people will watch and come to Manchester just bc of messi. This goes way beyond just winning champions league and titles in general. We are talking about one of the lost iconic players of no the most iconic in the world right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.