Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any other world class players on the market. It's not as if they grow on trees, my friend. We are pretty much net zero this window, so we have the funds to spend greatly.

Maybe but we'll end up missing out on some great signings. Everyone else is busy building really strong squads. If we're not careful we'll fall by the wayside of we pin all our hopes on Messi. Would've loved to have that De Beek fella and Upemecheano. Plus we need another striker at some point. Sergio will only suffer more injuries as time goes on.

I hope so mate but surely not to the tune of an extra 100mil a season. We're not a 2 horse league, Chelsea have strengthened massively, Liverpool look dominant, Arsenal have been much better under Arteta and even the Rags have turned a page since signing Fernandes. It seems a massive gamble for a player who will decline, especially when key players will be the wrong side of 30 soon.

We could sign 2/3 World Class players a season for this kind of money, as well as extending the North stand. We need to think long term rather than risking it all for 2 seasons. I really hope we do the right thing.
Each to their own, and I think you have a very valid point.

saying that, Lionel Messi is not just a signing for on the field success, he's a player for off the field success for exponential growth as a whole brand and for the City of Manchester itself. He will be absolutely crucial for our development going forward. Even if he breaks his leg and is out for a whole season - he will be absolutely worth what we are paying him in terms of marketing/commercial opportunities this could create for this Football Club.

Maybe but we'll end up missing out on some great signings. Everyone else is busy building really strong squads. If we're not careful we'll fall by the wayside of we pin all our hopes on Messi. Would've loved to have that De Beek fella and Upemecheano. Plus we need another striker at some point. Sergio will only suffer more injuries as time goes on.
Typical City fans - we are going balls deep for the best player ever and still worrying about other Clubs transfer business. It's quite funny actually.

I also read somewhere that Manchester is the fastest growing City in the world. As well as City being the fastest growing football brand over the last 10 seasons, Manchester would also benefit from this.

Imagine Lionel Messi in Manchester with City. This City and Club would take off! Not even the TORIES could stop us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.