Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Tebas we are talking about ! Wasn't he one of the first to react to your FFP appeal resolution ?

What do you mean by set up ? Something like Messi dad and Bartomeu agreed about his son staying after their meeting the other day and Messi clan is leaking their understanding of the contract to show they wanted to leave and felt they had the right ? And La Liga reply was planned beforehand just to justifiy he is staying because he is forced ?

If you was Barca why would you want to appear to be forcing your best ever player to stay with you when he wants to leave. Not a good look for them.

It is Tebas we are talking about ! Wasn't he one of the first to react to your FFP appeal resolution ?

What do you mean by set up ? Something like Messi dad and Bartomeu agreed about his son staying after their meeting the other day and Messi clan is leaking their understanding of the contract to show they wanted to leave and felt they had the right ? And La Liga reply was planned beforehand just to justifiy he is staying because he is forced ?
Something like that. The weight of “he’s staying” reports has been so great ever since that meeting. So it’s clear it was decided there and then. So now they want to show that Messi really does want to leave and is staying against his will. He’ll probably add in how much he doesn’t want to take his club to court.

so does it appear that Messi played on passed his contract stating he could leave for nothing after the season finish in May and had one month to activate it ?. Messi showing good will to Barca in this odd season, but Barca arent prepared to offer the same to Messi by saying he now has one month to leave for nothing if he wishes. Messi did the honourable thing and played until the middle of August, shame Barce couldnt do the honourable thing and allow him to still have though few weeks in which he could leave. Barca wanted their cake and eat it. Not a great way to treat such a great servant to their club.
Or maybe Messi wasn't sure about activating the clause at the times and he became sure after their crushing 8 - 2 defeat.

Messi could have certainly used his clause in due time but worked a way to finish the "Covid season" and signed for City on a free.

Either Messi wasn't sure about leaving at the time or his legal team dropped the ball hard.

You'd think someone at that club would have come to their senses by now. The only reputation getting trashed is Barcelona. This is fall of empire stuff now.

If you was Barca why would you want to appear to be forcing your best ever player to stay with you when he wants to leave. Not a good look for them.
Bartomeu is long past caring about good looks I'm pretty confident.
Barca will be in utter mess next transfer window and it'll be under the next president and Barto must absolutely love that idea.

I can never remember a club holding a player against his will in such a way. Can anyone else? It’s absolutely crackers!!

So the saga comes to an end. Hate to say I was right, but I was right. Messi was poorly guided by his attorneys, Man City, Pep, Soriano, His father and anybody else who thought old Bartomeu was going to fold.

There comes a time when a man has nothing to loose, where he stops giving a fuck and that's what happened to Messi with the Barcelona president. He put the club and the president through hell for every extension he signed. Made demands of money, players, coaches, and even altered starting squads to his liking.

As for city... when you act behind a smoke curtain with ill intent it also tends to blow up in your face. Where was city ?, when did city actually come out and make an official statement to barcelona regarding their interest ?. Did city think they were going to buy the greatest footballer on the planet for pennies on the dollar?. You think you are going to buy Messi for 70 million and Eric. Was Soriano, Pep and company mental ?.

City sat back and let Messi obliterate his reputation and legacy without saying a word to support his stance. How did anybody here think that he was a free man when his father is having to travel across the globe to speak to a president who clearly said he had a year left?.

I personally didn't think he would stay but I didn't realize City had ZERO chance of signing him, as it is now reported that they couldn't afford him AT ALL within the FIFA fair play rules.

Looks like Bartomeu dropped his nuts on the table and that was the end of everything. This has been an utter embarrassment for our club and our greatest player ever.

You would think City will now sign Messi in January for next season but he will be 34 by the, Barcelona will have a new president in March and we dont know if either one will be interested anymore.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love how you’ve somehow managed to convince yourself that Barca have come out of this looking good. You have a player who clearly doesn’t want to be there and a team that is on the decline. Imagine a young player looking at this and thinking if i serve a club for 20 years and then decide to try something new Barcelona and La Liga will go out of their way to stop me like some spoilt child spitting their dummy out. This will have long term repercussions on both Barca and La Liga as a whole. A declining monopolised league that’s almost as fun as watching paint dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.