Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nowantads said:
tumblr_n4fn1keRuQ1t4cvwgo1_500.jpg

give it up guys, no way we can compete with them :D

HAHA

Stoned Rose said:
thesilvalining said:
Stoned Rose said:
You're arguing Liverpool's squad is somehow hugely inferior to ours and they will probably win the title based solely on us having been in the CL and them not.

Then when I point out that if they ever do get a 'great' squad we'd be in trouble you say no and then base that again solely on the fact they'd have CL football to play.

You don't seem to realise they could go out of the CL in the group stage next year (that's only 6 games).

Therefore if they did become a 'great' squad this summer, a better squad than this one that's about to win the league, and only had to play 6 games more than this year, we could in fact be in trouble. Especially if we ourselves went far in the CL (up to 13 games).

It's not me who's being stupid pal.
They could get to the final and we could go out in the group stage, your point isn't making sense as the fact is next season they'll need a better squad to play in the champions league and they're luck with injuries is sure to run out. Also let's stop speaking about Liverpool on the messi thread they are irrelevant to the situation.
You've made your point that you want to buy 6 ford focus' which will not make any money back whilst a few of us have said buy the Lamborghini and make money back on it by letting it feature in adverts, your opinion against mine really.

They could 'get to the final' with their 'average squad'? Ok mate.

I said 4-6 top end players. In the 30-50m bracket. Hardly 'ford focus' level.

You're actually starting to contradict your previous contradictions now.

I'm more than happy to leave this now because watching you tie yourself in knots is getting tedious.
Yes you can get to the final stages with a not so great squad, Dortmund last year had a great team no doubt about it but not a great squad.
Also havnt enough people told you yet- we can spend 200m on messi, he is very marketable so can make the money back. We can't spend 200m on 6 players as they are not as marketable so we couldn't do that with ffp, especially counting that all 6 of them would want over 100k a week(hence the Lamborghini vs 6 ford focus' comment).
What previous point have I contradicted and I've not tied myself in knots at all, your just an idiot that can't seem to realise that signing messi makes money back and also decided to get right up liverpools arses( kolo toure better than demichelis,aspas over dzeko.) just crawl out of their arse and realise that they have a great team and manager but not a great squad and would have been fucked with cl football and the injuries which we have had.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Do not dismiss the level this has now reached.

Just a question of bottle, not a question of being used.

I believe there to be plenty of goodwill towards City.

The closest Messi may ever get to leaving.

Blimey.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

o i hope so the whole media world will be in meltdown if this happens haha this would take us to the next level we need to compete not only in europe but our own league to try n win back to back titles

I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of media coverage this deal would create, bigger than Ronaldo to Real? Beckham to Real? Sneijder to United?

I like Guillem Balague but he suggests in this article that United are interested in Messi along with PSG

Where are United going to find 150-200m plus the 150-200m needed on other players?

Manchester United and PSG Interested in Transfer Swoop for Lionel Messi

By Guillem Balague , Guest Columnist

The following article is a translated and adjusted version of a piece I wrote for AS earlier this week. You can read the Spanish article here.

When asked about the working relationship between himself and the Argentinian superstar Leo Messi, a discreet Pep Guardiola has always kept his cards very close to his chest. But when I spoke to him on the subject for my authorised book on the life of "the Flea," this is what the former Barcelona boss told me:

"He (Messi) always says it. 'When I close up, I close up, and I won't speak to anyone. I need to get over it by myself. And people need to respect that,'" said Guardiola. "At first it was difficult for me to understand, but with time you do. You realise that he is a different type of person. We all have our little things and during these days you leave him alone and then when you get the feeling that he wants you to talk to him again, you go up to him and you talk."

I have said many times that Barcelona often do not play with Leo and that they have simplified their reaction to the problems posed to them by their opponents. Against Athletic Bilbao, the plan was more orthodox with wingers and 4-3-3, and what we saw was a better Leo—just as we saw in the matches against Man City in Europe or Madrid in the league.

Denis Doyle/Getty Images

But even so, there is an air of mystery when discussing what is happening. When Messi sees the ball bypass him, he suddenly feels friendless and unwanted—the Flea gets frustrated.

He did the same under Pep, but at least from Guardiola he got the feeling that his manager would move heaven and earth to make sure he was happy. And with great success. It isn't rocket science. If you want to get the best out of Messi, you have to tick all the boxes, and this season Barcelona haven't done that.

Put simply, they have thrown to the lions a footballer who feels unprotected. Are criticisms of Leo intentional? His frustration is born out of a sporting context, but he gets the feeling that he is undergoing a personal campaign against him.

Comparisons with the big signing of this season, Neymar, are inevitable. His irregular performances of late are not being monitored closely by the Catalan media—despite being one of the most expensive players in history. Leo was told that he would be the best-paid player, but the first offer following the opening of talks on a renewed contract meant that globally he would be earning less than he is at the moment.

And in the latest set of negotiations, the club has reneged on things previously agreed upon. Why so much haggling? So will he be sold then? It seems that with Leo Messi left exposed to some very negative public opinion, the ball is now firmly is in his court. But to what ends? The sale of the player, which has been seriously contemplated, would explain everything.

Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The big thing, of course, is that you can't sell the best player in the world, but you can sell one who is deemed to be "unmanageable," one who isn't what he was or who halts the progress of others, or who only thinks about the World Cup. And all those lies have been put out there with regard to Messi.

Not surprisingly, Manchester United and PSG are monitoring the situation closely should Leo be brave enough to jump ship. Needless to say, there's been a surprising reaction from one or two people on Twitter, who don't know how these things work but find themselves easily motivated to insult.

Where will Lionel Messi be next season?
Barcelona PSG Man Utd Man City Other Submit Vote vote to see results

Where will Lionel Messi be next season?
Barcelona
60.9%
PSG
5.2%
Man Utd
24.6%
Man City
5.6%
Other
3.7%
Total votes: 5,136

Manchester United have asked relevant people what the situation with Messi is, because the impression they get is that the Barcelona board want to sell him. I know for a fact the matter has been discussed at board level and as a consequence, PSG stuck a huge offer on the table.

Rumours in the Spanish press that Man City had made an offer, as per Esport3 via the Mirror, were untrue. But the goalposts have moved. While a weakened Barcelona board went in search of new solutions with a new team built around Messi, United looked to glean information about Messi's situation much as they did with Cesc Fabregas, Cristiano Ronaldo and even Gareth Bale for whom they put in a bid—too late as it turned out, for 120 million euros.

United spoke last summer to the representatives of all three of them, although their contacts with Messi's people did not extend that far. United were told that Messi had no wish to leave the club despite the board having considered his sale in the last 12 months.

Barcelona seem to have concluded now that his sale would backfire on them and want to build the next team around him. What I find baffling is the reaction of a few people online. What would you think if you were a supporter of one of the richest and most ambitious clubs in the world and you found out that despite knowing that Messi could be available, they did not investigate the matter?

These man utd jokes are too funny. "Man utd lurking around Messi"
— Hannibal (@thommie08) April 22, 2014

Wouldn't you think that perhaps someone in your club wasn't doing their job properly?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...interested-in-transfer-swoop-for-lionel-messi

Mayor West said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Blimey.

Tolmie's hairdoo, are you saying that negotiations are on going behind the scenes and if so what about the transfer ban?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

The image of Barca is becoming tarnished now and so how players see themselves is, by association less glossy.

Messi must surely have some nagging doubts about when is the best time to prove himself away from Barca, something he will have to do or to perhaps wither on the less productive Barca vine.

I think the problems that Barca face will be ease him out of the door there and the likely scenario of it being 'best for both player and club' with their financial needs being the spin they put on it.

That might not be this summer though.

Hihosilva said:
Mayor West said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Blimey.

Tolmie's hairdoo, are you saying that negotiations are on going behind the scenes and if so what about the transfer ban?

I still think that ban will get appealed and get either put back a season or made only for one season instead of two.

I cannot comprehend the meltdown in the world media let alone the English media if we sign Messi, can you imagine him, Sergio and Silva in the same side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.