Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key point here though is they have probably been happy to ‘sell’ him all along.

City and seemingly no other club are prepared to pay in excess of 100M for him when he goes free next year. We wanted him for free and Messi thought that the board would let him go for free as per the agreement.

It’s over unless Bartomeu does a 360 and lets him go for free which he won’t do. Like Ric alluded to though, I do think he will sign a pre contract with us in January.
Geometry not your strong point :)

Fair or not, it's completely fucking stupid. A successful team is a harmonious one with all the members fully committed. So making someone stay who does not want to stay is idiotic. Not to mention the fact that you cannot physically force someone onto the pitch should they refuse.

If a player wants to leave, you sell them for the most you can get and move on.

Particularly if said player has gone to the lengths Messi has to tell the world he wants off, how long he’s wanted off and basically called the President a liar and incompetent. And certainly when that same player can negotiate with a new club to leave for free in 9 months

To turn down 100mil in those circumstances is absurd, in my view. If City put money on the table, Barca would have to seriously consider it

It may not be over for this window but given Barça it probably is

As for getting him in January, that’s not a certainty. Particularly if Guardiola’s future is still up in the air. It’s time for Guardiola to commit before City do anything further with this potential transfer

I don't think it's that simple. They don't want to be the guys who sold Messi. That much is obvious. Personally I would be very cautious about getting even a tiny bit optimistic that it will happen this window. Barcelona will cut off their financial nose to save face in this instance. But I can't lie and say it's dead dead when there's stuff floating around to suggest it isn't.

Mind sharing the stuff floating around to suggest it isnt?

Fair or not, it's completely fucking stupid. A successful team is a harmonious one with all the members fully committed. So making someone stay who does not want to stay is idiotic. Not to mention the fact that you cannot physically force someone onto the pitch should they refuse.

If a player wants to leave, you sell them for the most you can get and move on.
Not sure I agree. A club where players decide when they can leave is not in a good space imo. Contracts are there to protect both parties. If there not worth the paper they are written on, what's the point of tgem

If he is entitled to a free and it seems to be a big if, you don't pay any fee.

That's a lot of if's, the deal for us is worth far more as a club than Garcia, Angelino and €50mso why not try before the window closes in a months time.

This deal puts city on the map in every way that counts, its worth fighting for.

That's a lot of if's, the deal for us is worth far more as a club than Garcia, Angelino and €50mso why not try before the window closes in a months time.

This deal puts city on the map in every way that counts, its worth fighting for.

agreed. we will at least try imo as leo has done his bit as @tolmie's hairdoo said he would!

Because why would you pay for something that is available for free?

If my boss had lead me down the garden path and mislead me like Messi has been I would down tools and make the work place such a horrible place to be. If I dont want to be there I will sure as hell let it me known !

I cant see barca playing squad being a happy place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.