Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody else woke up this morning thinking messi could still be here and city will offer money and players

i watched the video messi put out yesterday and looked at the body language messi was putting out (painful)
the lad does not want to be at barca, city want him, messi wants city, and a deal can be done if messi wages can be revisited and reduced ?

the cry for help from city in that video is right there, messi needs a new challenge he can do no more at barca and won everything at club level with barca and messi needs to light a new fire in him and its only at city he can do that

watch this space ?? i have a good feeling

anybody else woke up this morning thinking messi could still be here and city will offer money and players

i watched the video messi put out yesterday and looked at the body language messi was putting out (painful)
the lad does not want to be at barca, city want him, messi wants city, and a deal can be done if messi wages can be revisited and reduced ?

the cry for help from city in that video is right there, messi needs a new challenge he can do no more at barca and won everything at club level with barca and messi needs to light a new fire in him and its only at city he can do that

watch this space ?? i have a good feeling

I was hoping Sheikh Mansour might have woken up thinking,'Fuck it, if Messi won't come to us, we'll come to Messi!'

Proceeds to add Barca to the CFG!! ;)

Yeah you’re right, everything was totally normal about the end of the season. He should have put in a transfer request whilst they were battling for la liga and CL.

And did you miss the bit where I said Bartomeu said on Barca TV that all Messi has to do was tell them before the 2021 season started?

Vague words on TV don't form a contract what is written on paper does.

Players whose contracts ended in June had to be recontacted to play on, the end still applied, if he didn't want to stay he should have told them earlier as per the contract, the club could either then offer him a two month deal if they wanted him to play to the end of the champions league or told him if you are not signing you don't play against after the restart, like Burnley did with Hendrick.

it is clear he missed the cut off and changed his mind later, probably due the the walloping in the CL QF. It is normal to trigger a break clause and carry on honoring a contract to a future date, it Barca had got to then champions league final it would have still been well after the date he needed to give notice. It wouldn't have been a transfer request, he would have been out of his contract and a free agent so no request needed.

If he had wanted to come to City 3 months ago someone at City would have advised him what do, and for avoidance of doubt if there was any ambiguity got it in writing that the trigger date for the release clause would be put back. If you are a £50m a year business you wouldn't stick your head in the sand and hope for the best with something so crucial.

Having slept on I think I was so annoyed because I let myself believe he was coming this time , i think he waited too long ,a couple of years ago was the time , the moment has passed, both sides left it too long ,the fact that he wanted to leave and come to us are two different things I think,nobody else had pep or our money so where else could have gone?

He might regret he didn't have the balls to do this sooner,that is his problem though ,i hope it is over, the fact he was tied with us is good for our profile and must have boiled some
Piss

Sorry again for kicking off yesterday , never again will I get so invested in a transfer story !

Don't fret Kaz we have all been taken in since 2009 and it won't change next year.
I for one will be staying away from THE NEEDY ONE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.