Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a similar take on it mate...

In a transfer like this, involving a player who has been with one club for his entire career, making that break is a big part of it. A lot of thought goes in to how it is positioned to the fans... Messi's video has already prepared them for his departure, in a way he's already done one of the hardest things, publicly explaining his reasoning for wanting a move.

The video wasn't a Barca PR exercise, far from it. He was scathing and made it clear he is only there because they went back on their promises and won't let him leave.

I do wonder if his lawyers had told him his case wasn't very strong and was unlikely to hold up in court, so instead he pushed the move as far as he could, in the hope Barca would relent? When that didn't work, him saying the only reason he didn't pursue it was because he loves Barca so much helps to keep the fans on his side...

I'd actually be more surprised if we don't bid for him in this window. Aside from the denial that players would be involved in a swap deal, we haven't distanced ourselves from being interested. If it was dead, I think we would have put something out to imply we had moved on.

If City are confident that Messi would sign a pre-contract agreement in January and Barca know that too, they would be mad not to take a significant fee for him now. Maybe Bartomeu is spiteful enough to do that, but given their finances he could arguably spin it to make him out to be a hero for preventing Messi leaving for free and instead getting a substantial fee for an unhappy player, who would have walked away for free in 12 months.

Maybe he will end up staying, but I don't think this is done yet.
I guess it depends on the size of the significant fee
If he earns them more commercially by staying than we pay as a transfer fee
It would would make economic sense to keep him

Let's face it - he was never really going anywhere, was he?
We will never know. This is not the first time city has been used by him tbh. If bartomeu would have called out his bluff and agreed for negotiations then it would have been interesting.
Anyway I have read reports that he is already in touch with Joan laporta probably the next presidential candidate.

Its over and we move on!

Let's face it - he was never really going anywhere, was he?

So he attempts to terminate his contract
Then he resigns
Then he doesn't turn up for COVID test
Then he doesn't turn up to training
Then his Dad publicaly releases the exit clause
Then he does an interview with Goal destroying Bartomeu, the board and new signings

He does all this because he wasn't really leaving.

The only reason he isn't a City player now is because the court case would have taken longer than the natural end of his contract.

He may still move, he may not, but to suggest it was all a bit of a laugh...OK.

One thing is for sure, the events of the last few weeks at Barca will result in changes. How on earth can it be left like this?

We will never know. This is not the first time city has been used by him tbh. If bartomeu would have called out his bluff and agreed for negotiations then it would have been interesting.
Anyway I have read reports that he is already in touch with Joan laporta probably the next presidential candidate.

Its over and we move on!

To suggest Messi has used City is the biggest pile of crap I've read in a while.

It's just something to say and is quite insulting to both the player who is in a crap situation and City's intelligence. That's before you even get to Messi's relationship with Pep, TB and Soriano.

Suggest you return to a forum of the team you actually follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.