Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wanted him for free!? You believe that? When literally very reliable sources stated we are willing to go upto 100M + players if barcelona are willing to negotiate

I’m going to assume by “wanted him for free” you meant “thought we could get him for free”?

Otherwise that’s like being shocked when someone says they’d rather have anything for free rather than paying for it. Especially when it’s a top tier something. We’d obviously have loved to have gotten Messi for free.

The rumour that we offered to give up £100m+ seems to have been to force Barca to accept it, in order to avoid a free transfer and/or court.

Barca held firm, and I suspect it’s because they think they can milk £100+ from Messi advertising etc in the coming season.

Any court case takes a long time particularly in the times of COVID. Certainly longer than the end of this transfer window! If you really think he did all that and never wanted to go there's nothing more I can say. None of what he did required City to do anything therefore he didn't use us whether he comes eventually or not.

I never said he used us. I said he didn't take the final step available to him
I've said a number of times that I'd love him to play for us

I just feel that he is a one club man, he cannot leave Barca, the statement about the court case shows the level of feeling for the club. In the end the steps he has taken can be seen different ways, some say it was dramatic and defining, some think it changed nothing at all. Surely Messi or Jorge arriving at the court to present the papers would have more impact on Bart ?

I can see the reluctance to go via the ITC and FIFA route, and the Webster route seems to be THE final option that no footballer \ club has gone down yet

I may be proved wrong either by the end of this window or in January, If I am then I wont care at all as we will have the greatest in blue, trying to imagine that after division 2 and the mind numbing football under Pearce and even after winning the title which is something I never thought I'd see.

has anyone watched the Barcelona friendly? He looks pissed and was playing midfielder and ignoring Koemans tactic. He even run to left wing in that match

has anyone watched the Barcelona friendly? He looks pissed and was playing midfielder and ignoring Koemans tactic. He even run to left wing in that match

He is pissed off but it doesn't mean jack shit if Bartomeu is not selling or is not willing to listen to offers at the very least.

Bartomeu doesn't see it that way otherwise he would be more open to dealing with us. He won't be out of the club before March.
He just doesn't want to b known as the president who let messi go. Too much ego. nothing else makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.