Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But key to all 3 scored

It's the best he has looked this season, particularly the instinctive linkup with Pedri. Telling that this performance also was so impressive without either Griezmann or Coutinho, gives an indication of how rudderless the sporting approach has been that Messi has bemoaned

There's a solid youth core to work with, that's the positive - only remains to be seen whether Leo will be with them in the coming years

What is the team like without Messi? More balanced? Better defensively?

What is the team like without Messi? More balanced? Better defensively?

Any team without Messi is weaker than with him. Last night they were very balanced all over the pitch, they were in command throughout and had good energy/pressing even late into the match

Balancing a team around Messi has been absent over several seasons. Drop some deadweight (Griezmann & Coutinho) and add a #9, LB and Xavi

Any team without Messi is weaker than with him. Last night they were very balanced all over the pitch, they were in command throughout and had good energy/pressing even late into the match

Balancing a team around Messi has been absent over several seasons. Drop some deadweight (Griezmann & Coutinho) and add a #9, LB and Xavi

The problem might be that you are trying to build your team around an aging player to keep him at his most effective. It should be the other way around, he should be adjusting to the transition from your golden era into the next one, yet you keep throwing 100s of millions of pounds at players who look brilliant in the team before you then a shadow of themselves when they play for MessiFC. They don't suddenly become bad players, I'd have Griezmann here tomorrow, they merely get thrown in as pawns sacrificed to protect your king. I mean imagine wanting to do things like track runners and press all game when Messi walks around the pitch out of possession.

@01cravend Very reasoned pov, just not the one the club (at least Laporta) or myself would prefer. Always better to have the best in the world in your team, even at 33

There's a great tweet showing his evolving heatmap over the last 15 seasons - he's still a focal point despite moving initially from right winger to his most ideal position as an enganche

The millions of wasted money were effectively on Coutinho & Griezmann and neither were bought to build around Leo but thought to be players that could take the #10 position away - speaks to my earlier point that sports planning has been atrocious due to incompetence in building a team. I don't think Antoine is a bad player but I also see a player who has been unable to raise his game playing with the best, even if out of position. Griezmann's best position is where Messi plays and I can't think of a coach/club in the world that would choose the Frenchman over Messi. No positional changes can make a difference in how poor he has been in terms of finishing. Even walking, Messi influences matches like no other - even at 33

Valladolid are third bottom in La Liga before we all start ooohing and ahhing about his display.
Just saying like. Sounds like anyone of us on here would have looked like Messi against them.
You saying he would have shone against West Brom ;)

right on queue, more snippet leaks from the interview. Hardly anything to go off, but i see journalists are already taking the quote that 'he has outlined clear plans' as issued a list of demands to stay at barcelona, and even handed laporta a 'blacklist' of players he wants rid of.

Not a chance Naymer & his dad take pay cuts they are 2 robbing bastards, they took Barca & PSG for a ride more than once
Not talking about a cut. Talking about not getting a raise. The difference of money available would just be the reduced amount of money needede to amortize his contract.

Anyway, we are talking gibberish right now as Messi won't sign for PSG.

right on queue, more snippet leaks from the interview. Hardly anything to go off, but i see journalists are already taking the quote that 'he has outlined clear plans' as issued a list of demands to stay at barcelona, and even handed laporta a 'blacklist' of players he wants rid of.
I cant imagine he will jump straight to the MLS as that article seems to hint....but maybe he is just sick of it all and wants to finish his career in ease - if he comes to us (or the prem) then it is just more stress from the press etc etc so then again maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.