Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Haha I'd love it if we just f**ked off FFP and launched a 200m bid

Platini & Blatter's heads would explode 'Scanners' style

I am surprised post Friday that anyone is still doing the macho ffp doesn't affect us shit

BringBackSwales said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

I am surprised post Friday that anyone is still doing the macho ffp doesn't affect us shit

I'm suprised you're still alive stressing about something you ultimately have no control over

I'm perfectly clued up on FFP and its impact..it was a poor attempt at humour, something you might have bypassed ;-)

BringBackSwales said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

How exactly have their sanctions stopped us in our tracks or how do they truly effect us? They've been in talks with us for A month, do you not think the fact there is wiggle room in their punishment , that they were told of our intentions & made the limitation/barriers just wide enough for us to still go about our business? Ducado posted this on twitter & I think it explains perfectly our stance & Uefa's effect on us this coming season:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ontargetfootball.com/2014/05/how-will-uefas-financial-fair-play.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ontargetfootball.com/2014/05 ... y.html?m=1</a>

How will UEFA's Financial Fair Play sanctions affect MCFC?
We all know FFP is an abhorrent policy, as explained here, yet the sanctions UEFA have imposed upon Manchester City Football Club, does not impact the Citizens too much.

THE €60M FINE

Most media outlets have reported a €60m fine for the Blues, but the punishment is much different. In fact, City lose €20m (combined) of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the their competitions during the 2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons. The remaining €40m withheld is also prize money, but is expected to be handed back to the Blues this time next year, when they show they have complied with FFP regulations during the 2013/14 season.

So in essence, City have lost €20m, whilst almost certainly regaining the other €40m since the Blues expect to comply with the regulations and break-even in 2013/14.

ALLOWANCE OF LOSSES

This won't affect the Blues really. City have announced they expect to break-even after 2013/14 and operate in profit thereafter. As such, the allowance of losses doesn't even matter.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SQUAD LIMIT

It's just a squad limit of 21 players and has no bearing regarding home-grown talent. City used only 21 players in the Champions League last campaign and so the sanction doesn't really affect them.

TRANSFER BUDGET LIMIT

If City's rumoured transfer exploits are to be believed, then Sheikh Mansour's club will spend £41m on Porto pair Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando whilst Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is expected to arrive at the club on a free. Therefore, the Blues will not be affected by the £49m limit imposed upon them.

Should players such as Scott Sinclair, Micah Richards and Costel Pantilimon leave for a monetary fee, then that can be added onto the limit. If City sold the trio for £10m, then they will have a £59m limit.

For reference, the Blues spent £67m net last summer and therefore, don't expect the limit to be too much of a problem.

THE WAGE BILL

UEFA say that the Citizens' wage bill must not increase during 2014/15. With players such as Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, Scott Sinclair and Micah Richards expected to be off the wage bill, City again will not be affected. UEFA say they ignore bonuses too, which is heavily featured in contracts drawn up by CEO Ferran Soriano.

As such, the Blues again should not be affected.

ADDITIONAL

Furthermore, if players are signed this campaign, their transfer fees are not all piled in to one season's FFP report. They are divided between however many years that signing's contract lasts for. For example, Martin Demichelis joined the Blues for £3.5m and has a two year deal. Therefore, £1.75m is incorporated into 2013/14's financial report and a further £1.75m into 2014/15's.

Hope that clears a few things up.

I genuinely believe a compromise was reached, they'll not want us to go to court as they know they'll lose & as such be a laughing stock. By us playing ball & taking a fine etc they still look in charge but the restrictions are as such, they enable us to effectively carry on regardless. We'll of known the restrictions well in advance too & our transfers etc will be in line with such restrictions. I also think this part of the club statement is quite telling:

In normal circumstances, the Club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse. However, our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans, for our partners and in the interests of the commercial operations of the Club.

As a result of these considerations and the fact that the Club is now break even in in its operations, the Club has decided to enter into a compromise agreement with UEFA with the following practical outcomes:

That says to me that they were prepared to fight it & ordinarily would of, it also comes across as a warning or shot across the Uefa bow "you moved the goal posts but be warned, do it again & we'll bury you!" Type vail'ed threat. It also says to me they're confident we'd win should it go to court, don't forget the two guys who wrote FFP now are in the employment of Manchester City Football Club on a consultancy basis.... You think that's a coincidence?

not my fault! said:
BringBackSwales said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

How exactly have their sanctions stopped us in our tracks or how do they truly effect us? They've been in talks with us for A month, do you not think the fact there is wiggle room in their punishment , that they were told of our intentions & made the limitation/barriers just wide enough for us to still go about our business? Ducado posted this on twitter & I think it explains perfectly our stance & Uefa's effect on us this coming season:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ontargetfootball.com/2014/05/how-will-uefas-financial-fair-play.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ontargetfootball.com/2014/05 ... y.html?m=1</a>

How will UEFA's Financial Fair Play sanctions affect MCFC?
We all know FFP is an abhorrent policy, as explained here, yet the sanctions UEFA have imposed upon Manchester City Football Club, does not impact the Citizens too much.

THE €60M FINE

Most media outlets have reported a €60m fine for the Blues, but the punishment is much different. In fact, City lose €20m (combined) of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the their competitions during the 2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons. The remaining €40m withheld is also prize money, but is expected to be handed back to the Blues this time next year, when they show they have complied with FFP regulations during the 2013/14 season.

So in essence, City have lost €20m, whilst almost certainly regaining the other €40m since the Blues expect to comply with the regulations and break-even in 2013/14.

ALLOWANCE OF LOSSES

This won't affect the Blues really. City have announced they expect to break-even after 2013/14 and operate in profit thereafter. As such, the allowance of losses doesn't even matter.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SQUAD LIMIT

It's just a squad limit of 21 players and has no bearing regarding home-grown talent. City used only 21 players in the Champions League last campaign and so the sanction doesn't really affect them.

TRANSFER BUDGET LIMIT

If City's rumoured transfer exploits are to be believed, then Sheikh Mansour's club will spend £41m on Porto pair Eliaquim Mangala and Fernando whilst Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is expected to arrive at the club on a free. Therefore, the Blues will not be affected by the £49m limit imposed upon them.

Should players such as Scott Sinclair, Micah Richards and Costel Pantilimon leave for a monetary fee, then that can be added onto the limit. If City sold the trio for £10m, then they will have a £59m limit.

For reference, the Blues spent £67m net last summer and therefore, don't expect the limit to be too much of a problem.

THE WAGE BILL

UEFA say that the Citizens' wage bill must not increase during 2014/15. With players such as Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, Scott Sinclair and Micah Richards expected to be off the wage bill, City again will not be affected. UEFA say they ignore bonuses too, which is heavily featured in contracts drawn up by CEO Ferran Soriano.

As such, the Blues again should not be affected.

ADDITIONAL

Furthermore, if players are signed this campaign, their transfer fees are not all piled in to one season's FFP report. They are divided between however many years that signing's contract lasts for. For example, Martin Demichelis joined the Blues for £3.5m and has a two year deal. Therefore, £1.75m is incorporated into 2013/14's financial report and a further £1.75m into 2014/15's.

Hope that clears a few things up.

I genuinely believe a compromise was reached, they'll not want us to go to court as they know they'll lose & as such be a laughing stock. By us playing ball & taking a fine etc they still look in charge but the restrictions are as such, they enable us to effectively carry on regardless. We'll of known the restrictions well in advance too & our transfers etc will be in line with such restrictions. I also think this part of the club statement is quite telling:

In normal circumstances, the Club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse. However, our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans, for our partners and in the interests of the commercial operations of the Club.

As a result of these considerations and the fact that the Club is now break even in in its operations, the Club has decided to enter into a compromise agreement with UEFA with the following practical outcomes:

That says to me that they were prepared to fight it & ordinarily would of, it also comes across as a warning or shot across the Uefa bow "you moved the goal posts but be warned, do it again & we'll bury you!" Type vail'ed threat. It also says to me they're confident we'd win should it go to court, don't forget the two guys who wrote FFP now are in the employment of Manchester City Football Club on a consultancy basis.... You think that's a coincidence?

We can strengthen our squad but for the time being UEFA has stopped of us landing a marquee player this season. He still is under contract at Barcelona and they are still in a strong position to keep him.

How have they stopped us? I bet the conversation went something like this:

Uefa: so how much do you intend to spend?
City: oh around £40-45m
Uefa: ok so let's say a £49m limit, is that ok?
City: yeh grand cheers

They have left us room, no mention of nationality restrictions (everyone is assuming), wages are limited but "bonus' don't count" so what's to stop us paying £10k pw with an appearance bonus of say £80k? Nothing. The £49m limit can be manipulated too & I'm sure if needs be, will be.
Both sides, Uefa & City have played this very cleverly, & although they've come out smelling of Roses & saved face, City have been able to negotiate what on paper looks to be a hard done by punishment that in reality doesn't effect us too much.
Don't forget the club have said we'll be trading in profit by May 31st so Uefa already know they'll be paying us back €40m next Summer, in essence our fine is €16m only. Hardly going to break the bank.
I also believe we'll be announcing some new large sponsors soon & don't be surprised if we follow the likes of Utd by unavailing a huge training kit sponsor along with some other unique deals.

what an utterly bizarre statement for him to make on the day he signed his new contract.

BoAzP2dIQAAER9H.jpg:large

Looks unhappy... (via @FCBarcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.