Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsdad said:
LoveCity said:
Selling/swapping Aguero to bring in Messi would be disgusting. Aguero is responsible for memories that will last generations, to discard him in order to get Messi would be wrong and very... plastic, only strengthening the (false) stereotypes some people have about our club. Messi would be great but Aguero is OUR icon in the same way Messi is Barca's and Ronaldo is Real's. And Aguero has improved, his goal scoring rate is actually better than Messi's so far this season.

Where has sergio suddenly come into this ?

Messi wouldnt come if sergio going the other way was part of the deal,sergio being here is probably one of the reasons messi would come

I really hope this is true

No way sergio leaves!! I'd love messi but again could we not sign: koke, rodriguez, reus, khedira, pepe, and cudarado? And be hugely stronger as a squad?

richards30 said:
Hart
Zabba
Vinny
Mangala
Rodriguez
Fernando
Koke
Silva
Reus
Messi
Aguero

Would be AMAZING to see that team in action!
That is one hell of a team and would cost a fortune. Might even win a champs league game.

richards30 said:
No way sergio leaves!! I'd love messi but again could we not sign: koke, rodriguez, reus, khedira, pepe, and cudarado? And be hugely stronger as a squad?

But not necessarily stronger as a team. They would all have to fit together & there is no guarantee it would be any better than the team we have now & that we wouldn't end up using mostly the current players as first choice in each position rather than the signings.

In a way, it is a higher quality players version of the choice made by teams like Spurs & Liverpool. We already have a great squad. We can improve it slightly with those players, or we can have a team with Lionel Messi in it.

The simplest answer though, is that those 6 players cost us more money than Messi & make us nothing but a huge financial loss, Messi pays for himself by making us a fortune & establishing the City 'brand' worldwide.

It really is a 'no brainer' from all angles apart from selling Serge, which can't happen.

richards30 said:

And not one of those players you mention would pay for themselves, unlike Messi.

Nor the fact, between them, they would cost the club about £800k a week in wages.

There is a reason Messi is worth what he is.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:

And not one of those players you mention would pay for themselves, unlike Messi.

Nor the fact, between them, they would cost the club about £800k a week in wages.

those points are all valid, but we'd be replacing Yaya (240kish?), Nasri (150kish), Demicheles and one of Kolarov or Clichy. Thats probably at least 500k in savings.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:

When the expansion is complete we are going to need Messi to fill the 60,000 capacity.

I would be surprised if Barca would even consider selling Messi while they have the transfer ban until Jan 2016.

MeatHunterrr said:
I would be surprised if Barca would even consider selling Messi while they have the transfer ban until Jan 2016.

I thought that they could start transfers again in summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.