Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to happen is it. Messi is Barcelona, he'll be there for the rest of his career, unless we sign him when he's about 33.

People are just getting their hopes up, then when all we get in summer is B listers like Fernando again there'll be more disappointment. Not sure Messi fits with the 'holistic' stuff unfortunately, and even more unfortunately the bullshit cheating Platini has foisted on us. Over time he may pay for himself in merch & sponsors, etc but for the first year or two if we've spent the £150m or so that it'd take we'd get ass-raped by Platini FFP bastards.

Would be great if he came, but I've seen too many shit transfer windows and being disappointed at missing out on Hazard, Fabregas, van Persie, etc to believe we'll get Messi until he's on the pitch in a City shirt!

bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
No way sergio leaves!! I'd love messi but again could we not sign: koke, rodriguez, reus, khedira, pepe, and cudarado? And be hugely stronger as a squad?

And not one of those players you mention would pay for themselves, unlike Messi.

Nor the fact, between them, they would cost the club about £800k a week in wages.

There is a reason Messi is worth what he is.

those points are all valid, but we'd be replacing Yaya (240kish?), Nasri (150kish), Demicheles and one of Kolarov or Clichy. Thats probably at least 500k in savings.

Say:

Yaya £220,000
Nastasic £80,000
Kolarov £100,000
Negredo gone £80,000
Mdm £80,000
Micah gone £80,000
Guidetti £40,000
Navas £80,000

Ways around it and making the squad hopefully stronger! Yaya, beast, micah mdm and guidetti will all certainly be gone in the summer and need replacing with top players and not good players!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
MeatHunterrr said:
I would be surprised if Barca would even consider selling Messi while they have the transfer ban until Jan 2016.

They brought forward the transfer of Suarez. Liverpool did not expect to sell him in the summer.

Tolmie, do you think we'll ever see Messi in Manchester? Or will it be New York that eventually drags him away from Barca?

Samsdad said:
LoveCity said:
Selling/swapping Aguero to bring in Messi would be disgusting. Aguero is responsible for memories that will last generations, to discard him in order to get Messi would be wrong and very... plastic, only strengthening the (false) stereotypes some people have about our club. Messi would be great but Aguero is OUR icon in the same way Messi is Barca's and Ronaldo is Real's. And Aguero has improved, his goal scoring rate is actually better than Messi's so far this season.

Where has sergio suddenly come into this ?

Messi wouldnt come if sergio going the other way was part of the deal,sergio being here is probably one of the reasons messi would come
I think it's because he didn't get his cock out when we scored twice against Swansea.

Samsdad said:
LoveCity said:
Selling/swapping Aguero to bring in Messi would be disgusting. Aguero is responsible for memories that will last generations, to discard him in order to get Messi would be wrong and very... plastic, only strengthening the (false) stereotypes some people have about our club. Messi would be great but Aguero is OUR icon in the same way Messi is Barca's and Ronaldo is Real's. And Aguero has improved, his goal scoring rate is actually better than Messi's so far this season.

Page 18.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301781&start=170#p8241540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301781&start=170#p8241540</a>

Jack Wills said:
It's not going to happen is it. Messi is Barcelona, he'll be there for the rest of his career, unless we sign him when he's about 33.

People are just getting their hopes up, then when all we get in summer is B listers like Fernando again there'll be more disappointment. Not sure Messi fits with the 'holistic' stuff unfortunately, and even more unfortunately the bullshit cheating Platini has foisted on us. Over time he may pay for himself in merch & sponsors, etc but for the first year or two if we've spent the £150m or so that it'd take we'd get ass-raped by Platini FFP bastards.

Would be great if he came, but I've seen too many shit transfer windows and being disappointed at missing out on Hazard, Fabregas, van Persie, etc to believe we'll get Messi until he's on the pitch in a City shirt!

If you get him on a 6 year contract he's 'only' costing £25m per season + wages so about £40m a year in total. Huge numbers still but much more achievable, especially with the new CL TV deal coming in.

LoveCity said:
Samsdad said:
LoveCity said:

Page 18.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301781&start=170#p8241540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301781&start=170#p8241540</a>

Bizarre lol

-----------------------------------------------Hart

----Zabaleta----------Kompany-------------------Mangala----------Rodriguez

-----------------------------------------Fernandinho
-------------------------------Koke-------------------------Silva

----------------------------------------------Messi
-----------------------Aguero------------------------------------Reus

I don't think I'd stop grinning if we ever signed Messi

Chances of it ever happening though are slim to none, so I won't be getting my hopes up anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.