Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure no one will get sent to prison at Barca, just like Madrid. Tax, corruption etc, doesn't rerally make any difference. UEFA certainly won't be interested, neither will la Liga.
Yes running up debts of over £1bn and money laundering is all fair play as far as UEFA are concerned. Whatever you do though don't think of investing money in your own business.

Yes, not sure what that has to do with any of us knowing what his decision will be though.

I was referring to his age only. Barça is a poorly run club anyway . Will take years to come out of this mess.

So if Messi wants to win major trophies before he finishes his career, he would look to move

Does seem like that , but that will say more about his lack of ambition than anything else.
He's been at Barcelona for 20 years now and won every individual and club competition available in Spain. If he stays for his probable last couple of seasons, I don't think anyone can, with any seriousness, question his ambition.

He's been at Barcelona for 20 years now and won every individual and club competition available in Spain. If he stays for his probable last couple of seasons, I don't think anyone can, with any seriousness, question his ambition.
Absolutely they can.

As a comparison tool, the two best player son the planet for the last 20 years have beer Messi and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has played in 4 countries, Portugal, England, Spain and Italy and won major trophies at each club.

Messi on the other hand has been at the most prestigious club in world football for his career (which speaks for something in itself) but has had opportunities to move on and prove himself several times. It seems the main deciding factor in his choices has been money orientated, which for a multi millionaire several times over, its pretty poor and does show a lack of ambition, the easy option has always been to stay at Barcelona, and I'm 90% certain thats why he will still be playing his football on the coast of the Mediterranean come early August.

Absolutely they can.

As a comparison tool, the two best player son the planet for the last 20 years have beer Messi and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has played in 4 countries, Portugal, England, Spain and Italy and won major trophies at each club.

Messi on the other hand has been at the most prestigious club in world football for his career (which speaks for something in itself) but has had opportunities to move on and prove himself several times. It seems the main deciding factor in his choices has been money orientated, which for a multi millionaire several times over, its pretty poor and does show a lack of ambition, the easy option has always been to stay at Barcelona, and I'm 90% certain thats why he will still be playing his football on the coast of the Mediterranean come early August.
Barca is his club, he has done it all at the club he loves.

If Foden wins numerous titles in the next 10 years and stays with us until the end of his career, does that make him unambitious? In my book it's the opposite, to play for your club and win titles is the ultimate.

Ronaldo is an incredible player, reinventing himself as time catches up with him, yet he remains one of the greats.

The only negative to Messi is probably the National team, never quite done it with them, especially in comparison with Ronaldo and the reason I personally rate Maradona better than Messi, because Maradona's Argentinian career was outstanding.

Does seem like that , but that will say more about his lack of ambition than anything else.

You appear to be phrasing that as a criticism, but you don't achieve GOAT status (with the trophies, and awards, and millions upon millions that come with it) without ambition. If his remaining ambition is 'only' to play out his days for the club he is synonymous with then fair play to him. He really has nothing left to prove in this game, regardless of how many years he might have left at the top.

Still hope to see him banging them in for us next season though.

You appear to be phrasing that as a criticism, but you don't achieve GOAT status (with the trophies, and awards, and millions upon millions that come with it) without ambition. If his remaining ambition is 'only' to play out his days for the club he is synonymous with then fair play to him. He really has nothing left to prove in this game, regardless of how many years he might have left at the top.

Still hope to see him banging them in for us next season though.
Now now, he's good but he's no Goat. He's more of an Argie poor man's Shaun Goater tbh.

Absolutely they can.

Ronaldo really won major trophies in Portugal, in Sporting CP? Didn’t know xd
And his Juve career is getting worse and worse, he literally downgraded them. Useless poacher

Absolutely they can.

I personally disagree with that take on it.

It is far more rare to have players spend their entire careers at a single club and keep winning things.

You can argue ronaldo tested himself in multiole leagues. You can also argue he fled sinking ships to move onto the next most likely platform to succeed at. It isn't like he left portugal to play for west brom, or left utd to play for girona. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, he did indeed test himself and prove himself, but he'd have strugggled more having stayed where he was.

I do think though Messi's staying at Barcelona for as long as he did had every bit as much to do with money as his love for the club.

But i wouldnt try argue he lacks ambition if he ends up staying there. If anything, the state it is in, staying there is harder than coming to the team our club have built.

But if he goes to PSG then, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.