Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely they can.

As a comparison tool, the two best player son the planet for the last 20 years have beer Messi and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has played in 4 countries, Portugal, England, Spain and Italy and won major trophies at each club.

Messi on the other hand has been at the most prestigious club in world football for his career (which speaks for something in itself) but has had opportunities to move on and prove himself several times. It seems the main deciding factor in his choices has been money orientated, which for a multi millionaire several times over, its pretty poor and does show a lack of ambition, the easy option has always been to stay at Barcelona, and I'm 90% certain thats why he will still be playing his football on the coast of the Mediterranean come early August.
What a load of doo-doo.

Ronaldo spent one season in Portugal at 1st team level and won their equivalent of the Charity Shield. Is that your definition of a major trophy?

He went to United partly as a stepping stone to a bigger club and partly as they offered him ridiculous money. Fair enough he won a goodly amount of trophies there as part of a decent team. When Real waived a stupid amount of money in his and Uniteds direction he jumped ship again. Again he won a lot there as part of a very good team in a 2 horse league. He left for various mooted reasons but absolutely none of them were about 'ambition'. Money, jealousy over Neymars possible recruitment and the president 'giving him funny looks' are all listed. He then jumped ship to a one horse league for another ridiculous amount of money where he was guaranteed more trophies.

You think Messi stayed for money instead of 'proving himself' (PMSL)? Maybe money did come into it, maybe he just wanted to stay as part of the best team ever seen (with himself being the crown jewel).

Lack of ambition my arse.

Edit: https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-di...of his,Madrid's 2018 Champions League triumph.

Barca is his club, he has done it all at the club he loves.

If Foden wins numerous titles in the next 10 years and stays with us until the end of his career, does that make him unambitious? In my book it's the opposite, to play for your club and win titles is the ultimate.

Ronaldo is an incredible player, reinventing himself as time catches up with him, yet he remains one of the greats.

The only negative to Messi is probably the National team, never quite done it with them, especially in comparison with Ronaldo and the reason I personally rate Maradona better than Messi, because Maradona's Argentinian career was outstanding.
He dragged a poor Argentina to a World Cup final and won best player.

They don’t have any money. How are they going to pay him... with magic beans. All this arrest stuff makes no difference. They can’t afford to keep him

They don’t have any money. How are they going to pay him... with magic beans. All this arrest stuff makes no difference. They can’t afford to keep him

The promise of what comes after the purge can make a difference.

This „proved himself in different leagues” thing makes me laugh everytime.
Playing in the best Utd side of all time is proving himself haha. For example Rooney, van der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Tevez, Scholes - are they shite players? Well, they even made it to the UCL final a year after he left...
Real Madrid - played with Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, Ramos, Bale, Casillas. He did nothing in the UCL until 2013, when Modric and co. came to the club. After he left they won La Liga - one less in all his spell with Madrid. In 9 years... funny.
Juventus didn’t buy him to win Serie A titles because they won 7 in a row (!!!!!) before he came. After he came they didn’t make any UCL semi (were finalists in 2015 and 2017). Also, they haven’t won Coppa Italia since his arrival...
also he lost the top scorer of the League to 78 years old Quagiarella and Bundesliga flop Ciro Immobile.
FUNNY.

And people saying he proved himself million times. Going to the most successful teams in each league to just stand in the box to poach...
He had Mourinho, Ferguson, Ancelotti, Allegri, Zidane, Benitez as coaches. His 1st shite coach is Pirlo now. After 15 years of career. Meanwhile Messi had Setien, Valverde, Tata Martino, Roura. Wtf. Only 4 were top (Pep, Rijkaard, Lucho, Tito). And Rosell and Bartomeu as presidents.
Messi is not a football prostitute unlike PR7. Staying in the same team to help them win the titles for over a decade is the most challenging. Not jumping from team to team to score some tap-ins and get all the credit...

Praying he leaves Barca. I have enough of this shit for 6 years already. I want him to win the UCL again.

Let's boil piss.

Organise a pre season friendly with NYC at ours. Ramp up the media speculation that Messi will be signing pre kick off. Neglect to tell them it's for NYCFC.

This „proved himself in different leagues” thing makes me laugh everytime.
Playing in the best Utd side of all time is proving himself haha. For example Rooney, van der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Tevez, Scholes - are they shite players? Well, they even made it to the UCL final a year after he left...
Real Madrid - played with Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, Ramos, Bale, Casillas. He did nothing in the UCL until 2013, when Modric and co. came to the club. After he left they won La Liga - one less in all his spell with Madrid. In 9 years... funny.
Juventus didn’t buy him to win Serie A titles because they won 7 in a row (!!!!!) before he came. After he came they didn’t make any UCL semi (were finalists in 2015 and 2017). Also, they haven’t won Coppa Italia since his arrival...
also he lost the top scorer of the League to 78 years old Quagiarella and Bundesliga flop Ciro Immobile.
FUNNY.

And people saying he proved himself million times. Going to the most successful teams in each league to just stand in the box to poach...
He had Mourinho, Ferguson, Ancelotti, Allegri, Zidane, Benitez as coaches. His 1st shite coach is Pirlo now. After 15 years of career. Meanwhile Messi had Setien, Valverde, Tata Martino, Roura. Wtf. Only 4 were top (Pep, Rijkaard, Lucho, Tito). And Rosell and Bartomeu as presidents.
Messi is not a football prostitute unlike PR7. Staying in the same team to help them win the titles for over a decade is the most challenging. Not jumping from team to team to score some tap-ins and get all the credit...

Praying he leaves Barca. I have enough of this shit for 6 years already. I want him to win the UCL again.
So which do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.