Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluechampion7891 said:
dude, chelsea only got a profit for last year b/c of their sales. they brought in Willian, Salah, Matic and Schrulle (i dont think ive missed any) and sold Luiz, De bruyne, and Mata for at least a combined 30 million more than their true value. this year's buys (Fabregas, Costa, Remy, Luis) arent counted in those accounts, lets see how they will fare this year.

Eto'o (£2m), van Ginkel (£8m) and Atsu (£3.5m) as well.

inbetween said:
Messi will never go to Chelsea. For one, Mourinho would not have a player at Chelsea that is bigger than anyone else, he values players that will work hard for the team and basically defend to the bone for that. He does not build teams to play for a player which is essentially what Barcelona is now, they have a fairly average defence, world class midfield but that is all built around Neymar and Messi.

All Messi gives you is instant magic when you really need it. Don't get me wrong, he is amongst the best players on the planet but for what he does do so well he does have drawbacks to having him in the team. Mourinho values strikers that can also contribute in many different ways for example getting back to defend corners. Messi is extremely dangerous in the final third but outside of that, he doesn't do much else. He just isn't a Mourinho type of player and the only way I see him at Chelsea is if he got offered something he couldn't refuse which I reckon he gets every year and he is still at Barcelona.

I'd take Messi tomorrow because he is probably the best player of his generation but when you look at his entire game is he worth selling some of your best players for (FFP)? That is what Chelsea would have to do and I just can't ever see that happening with Mourinho there. Ronaldo on the other hand I think they'd buy tomorrow if they could.

Pretty much this exactly. Messi is a tremendous player but he wouldn't fit us, nor Mourinho very well. We're a well oiled machine, it would be counter-productive to completely rebuild our team to accommodate Messi now when the groundwork of the last few years is just starting to yield results. I'm also not sure he'd thrive in our more physical, disciplined counter-attacking style (in big games anyway). He'd be more at home with Arsenal or indeed City than us. I for one can't see him moving though. As you say, a Ronaldo would be much more beneficial to us, so I hope we're looking at someone like Reus. If we had an equally devastating winger for the right we'd be set.

Ray78 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
dude, chelsea only got a profit for last year b/c of their sales. they brought in Willian, Salah, Matic and Schrulle (i dont think ive missed any) and sold Luiz, De bruyne, and Mata for at least a combined 30 million more than their true value. this year's buys (Fabregas, Costa, Remy, Luis) arent counted in those accounts, lets see how they will fare this year.

Eto'o (£2m), van Ginkel (£8m) and Atsu (£3.5m) as well.

thanks.

point still stands that chelsea would have been in small profit/loss if those sales were close to value.

Jack Wills said:
It's worrying how Chelsea seem to have leapfrogged us this season, not just in the quality of signings and players, but also now being linked with the likes of Messi and now mooted to be finalising the "second largest sponsorship in Prem history".

We've been champions twice since they last won it, and unless the Forbes rich lists are wrong, Sheikh Mansour is lot wealthier than Abramovich. Yet we seem to have got complacent and let them not only catch up but overtake. Two poor transfer windows haven't helped (Platini's fault), but surely, given our club's ambition, we should be securing more sponsorship to get around FFP, and making noises about Messi, Reus, etc if Chelsea are openly linked.

Success is as much about perception, and we're virtually off the radar unless we fuck up, when the media are then all over it. If we publicised our ambition and achievements more I think top players would be more likely to choose us over Chelsea.

The difference is Chelsea sell very well. 50 mlillion for Luiz and 40 mill for Mata more than financed Fabregas and Costa. They're also better at selling youngsters on.

City would have far more flexibility to spend if they could make a big sale. Yaya might be a talisman for the club but it was the right time to sell in the summer to free up funds for a Pogba. Now he won't be worth much at all. City did well getting the Negredo money assuming they get it.

Jack Wills said:
It's worrying how Chelsea seem to have leapfrogged us this season, not just in the quality of signings and players, but also now being linked with the likes of Messi and now mooted to be finalising the "second largest sponsorship in Prem history".

We've been champions twice since they last won it, and unless the Forbes rich lists are wrong, Sheikh Mansour is lot wealthier than Abramovich. Yet we seem to have got complacent and let them not only catch up but overtake. Two poor transfer windows haven't helped (Platini's fault), but surely, given our club's ambition, we should be securing more sponsorship to get around FFP, and making noises about Messi, Reus, etc if Chelsea are openly linked.

Success is as much about perception, and we're virtually off the radar unless we fuck up, when the media are then all over it. If we publicised our ambition and achievements more I think top players would be more likely to choose us over Chelsea.

Mostly hogwash.

80s Shorts said:
Jack Wills said:

Mostly hogwash.

Why? What's your informed opinion?

Jack Wills said:
80s Shorts said:
Jack Wills said:

Mostly hogwash.

Why? What's your informed opinion?

[bigimg]http://www.christopherhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2987582283_f76c532cbd.jpg[/bigimg]

---------------------------------Hart---------------------------
-------------------Kompany------Mangala---------------
Zabaletta--------------------------------------------Clichy
-------------Fernandinho-------Scniederlin-----------
-----Silva------------Messi-----------------------Reus---
--------------------------------Aguero----------------------

Would never happen but God would that be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.