Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord BLue said:
richards30 said:
Hihosilva said:
Being linked with Chelsea this morning. Can't see it really but I would be totally pissed off if he ended up going there.

Haha no way we would let that happen!

unless you're thinking sniper (which i'm not against per se)? i'm not sure how we could prevent it if he wanted to go there

Messi will never go to Chelsea. For one, Mourinho would not have a player at Chelsea that is bigger than anyone else, he values players that will work hard for the team and basically defend to the bone for that. He does not build teams to play for a player which is essentially what Barcelona is now, they have a fairly average defence, world class midfield but that is all built around Neymar and Messi.

All Messi gives you is instant magic when you really need it. Don't get me wrong, he is amongst the best players on the planet but for what he does do so well he does have drawbacks to having him in the team. Mourinho values strikers that can also contribute in many different ways for example getting back to defend corners. Messi is extremely dangerous in the final third but outside of that, he doesn't do much else. He just isn't a Mourinho type of player and the only way I see him at Chelsea is if he got offered something he couldn't refuse which I reckon he gets every year and he is still at Barcelona.

I'd take Messi tomorrow because he is probably the best player of his generation but when you look at his entire game is he worth selling some of your best players for (FFP)? That is what Chelsea would have to do and I just can't ever see that happening with Mourinho there. Ronaldo on the other hand I think they'd buy tomorrow if they could.

It's worrying how Chelsea seem to have leapfrogged us this season, not just in the quality of signings and players, but also now being linked with the likes of Messi and now mooted to be finalising the "second largest sponsorship in Prem history".

We've been champions twice since they last won it, and unless the Forbes rich lists are wrong, Sheikh Mansour is lot wealthier than Abramovich. Yet we seem to have got complacent and let them not only catch up but overtake. Two poor transfer windows haven't helped (Platini's fault), but surely, given our club's ambition, we should be securing more sponsorship to get around FFP, and making noises about Messi, Reus, etc if Chelsea are openly linked.

Success is as much about perception, and we're virtually off the radar unless we fuck up, when the media are then all over it. If we publicised our ambition and achievements more I think top players would be more likely to choose us over Chelsea.

richards30 said:
Hihosilva said:
Being linked with Chelsea this morning. Can't see it really but I would be totally pissed off if he ended up going there.

Haha no way we would let that happen!

What like we wouldn't let Hazard happen? Messi goes to who pays him the most and Abramovic won't be shy you'd be silly to think Chelsea don't have as much chance as us.

Anyway it's not gunna happen he'll be a Barcelona player for life.

Jack Wills said:
It's worrying how Chelsea seem to have leapfrogged us this season, not just in the quality of signings and players, but also now being linked with the likes of Messi and now mooted to be finalising the "second largest sponsorship in Prem history".

We've been champions twice since they last won it, and unless the Forbes rich lists are wrong, Sheikh Mansour is lot wealthier than Abramovich. Yet we seem to have got complacent and let them not only catch up but overtake. Two poor transfer windows haven't helped (Platini's fault), but surely, given our club's ambition, we should be securing more sponsorship to get around FFP, and making noises about Messi, Reus, etc if Chelsea are openly linked.

Success is as much about perception, and we're virtually off the radar unless we fuck up, when the media are then all over it. If we publicised our ambition and achievements more I think top players would be more likely to choose us over Chelsea.
yes a double page spread in the men saying "WE ARE AMBITIOUS" will clinch the messi deal stick another in the sun CITY ARENT IN A MESSI WE ARE THE BESSI ,OR CITY IS THE RIGHT CHreus for reus

sir peace frog said:
Jack Wills said:

yes a double page spread in the men saying "WE ARE AMBITIOUS" will clinch the messi deal stick another in the sun CITY ARENT IN A MESSI WE ARE THE BESSI ,OR CITY IS THE RIGHT CHreus for reus

Very unlikely, that would be too crass and obvious. A few quiet words to those with the right media connections would possibly see us receive more credibility in the media. A relentless positive spin like Chelsea and Mourinho get would surely benefit the club in attracting sponsors, and to some extent foreign players who see the ambition and links with other big stars.

Jack Wills said:
sir peace frog said:
Jack Wills said:

Very unlikely, that would be too crass and obvious. A few quiet words to those with the right media connections would possibly see us receive more credibility in the media. A relentless positive spin like Chelsea and Mourinho get would surely benefit the club in attracting sponsors, and to some extent foreign players who see the ambition and links with other big stars.

Because we are really struggling with our tinpot sponsors Etihad, Nissan,BT never heard of them.

blueparrot said:
Jack Wills said:
sir peace frog said:

Because we are really struggling with our tinpot sponsors Etihad, Nissan,BT never heard of them.

All good sponsors, but how about getting some income to beat the rags' DHL income and Chelsea's mooted new deal? This is the way to beat FFP. Never rest on one's laurels and let rivals steal a march.

Jack Wills said:
blueparrot said:
Jack Wills said:

All good sponsors, but how about getting some income to beat the rags' DHL income and Chelsea's mooted new deal? This is the way to beat FFP. Never rest on one's laurels and let rivals steal a march.

It will be happening, The CFA will have sponsors as will the mini stadium., and I'm sure the Etihad and Nike deals will be re - negotiated too.

dude, chelsea only got a profit for last year b/c of their sales. they brought in Willian, Salah, Matic and Schrulle (i dont think ive missed any) and sold Luiz, De bruyne, and Mata for at least a combined 30 million more than their true value. this year's buys (Fabregas, Costa, Remy, Luis) arent counted in those accounts, lets see how they will fare this year.

We will be able to command such sponsor fees now i reckon. Sponsors will see we are not going anywhere below top four for a long time.
Our name is well known across the world now to.

Last thing that helps is the youngsters who have seen us become powerful will be casual or die hard city fans who buy stuff.
Remember if utd fail to get cl this season the adidas deal gets halved and i suspect other deals will have similar clauses.

Tl;dr
Next round of sponsorship negotiations will see us get the figures your on about, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.