Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern with that would be to what extent they have handicapped themselves financially by paying Messi 1 million a week and the knock on effect to other players contracts, similarly with ronaldo at Juve. I have confidence we are run so well that this wouldnt happen to us, but it clearly has to Barca.

They handicapped themselves by paying €425,000,000 for Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann and paying them €1.5 million per week.

They handicapped themselves by paying €425,000,000 for Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann and paying them €1.5 million per week.

Christ, that does make your eyes bleed. Some have said Txiki is a shit negotiator when we go through a sticky patch of form, but look at them figures Barca have paid for a trio of donkeys.

Did no one watch PSG v Barca last night then? He had the entire Barcelona team running for him while he walked. Then when the ball arrives he sprints. It's unworkable for a side that wants to win the Premier League. The entire side would have have to be built around him and I can not see Pep wanting to disrupt his side for this. He scored a great goal from distance when he was given space but when in tight areas he can be closed down. Barca literally look for him every time they have the ball and when he's walking it's simply easy to defend against.

The sides with two of the greatest players of our generation both went out in the last 16 because their sides have been unbalanced by these superstars.
I don't want Messi but the above is total nonsense.

He was quality last night, always looking for the ball and always trying to create.

Barca have some outstanding young prospects and he sets them an incredible example, even at 34 and unhappy.

They're also paying the likes of an aged Busquets and Pique 300k each a week, Umtiti 250k and amazingly Dest 140k. Completely unsustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.