Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think Messi will take into account the project, as well as the money, if he moves on. All well and good saying he will stay, but how will they afford him? If they fail to win La Liga, I also think it will be a blow to their chances of keeping him, because they don't really have an abundance of funds to strengthen the squad as well.

I believe he will wait until the end of the season, see what is put on the table, review the options, then decide. Us winning the EPL and Champs League I think will have a huge pull, especially if we knock out PSG, and they don't secure their league either.

I reckon he would be great for us, raise our global branding, and it is clear he can still perform at the highest level, even in a team that he wanted to leave. However like many others on here, with Foden being our main man now, and the cover we do have around the squad, I am not really pushing for this to happen like I was last year.

We'll have to wait and see if Messi leaves Barcelona this summer, but if he does it will be because he feels the same degree of frustration as last summer. For almost 15 years now the lad has been the best player in the world by such a distance that there isn't a competition. To be at that level for so long requires a fiercely competitive nature, massive determination and ferocious motivation. Messi will NOT leave Barcelona for money, but he may well leave because he sees those qualities mirrored in Pep and the City squad, so that the Granada result may not be a key result at all - much more important may be City's win in Paris. Messi may see in City manager, a team and a club where he can play without the endless feelings of frustration. We shall see.

I personally think Messi will take into account the project, as well as the money, if he moves on. All well and good saying he will stay, but how will they afford him? If they fail to win La Liga, I also think it will be a blow to their chances of keeping him, because they don't really have an abundance of funds to strengthen the squad as well.

I believe he will wait until the end of the season, see what is put on the table, review the options, then decide. Us winning the EPL and Champs League I think will have a huge pull, especially if we knock out PSG, and they don't secure their league either.

I reckon he would be great for us, raise our global branding, and it is clear he can still perform at the highest level, even in a team that he wanted to leave. However like many others on here, with Foden being our main man now, and the cover we do have around the squad, I am not really pushing for this to happen like I was last year.
I think if (big if) we win the champions league there is less chance Messi will come. At the minute we a due one to win it twice in 3 or 4 years would be crazy Messi I think would love to join and deliver the champs league but to join the top team in world football and they do worse would that tarnish his legacy? will he be treat the way the Italian media is treating Ronaldo is that a gamble he want to take. Would love him here but I honestly can't see enough upside for him last season yeah but we are very likely going to be crowned champions of England (the toughest top flight league in the world in my opinion) and have a very decent shout of becoming champs of Europe the only way is down unfortunately but what an age to be a blue.

to Messi Mambo 2031.

I think if (big if) we win the champions league there is less chance Messi will come. At the minute we a due one to win it twice in 3 or 4 years would be crazy Messi I think would love to join and deliver the champs league but to join the top team in world football and they do worse would that tarnish his legacy? will he be treat the way the Italian media is treating Ronaldo is that a gamble he want to take. Would love him here but I honestly can't see enough upside for him last season yeah but we are very likely going to be crowned champions of England (the toughest top flight league in the world in my opinion) and have a very decent shout of becoming champs of Europe the only way is down unfortunately but what an age to be a blue.
Doesn't he want to leave Barcelona because their lack of success in CL risks tarnishing his legacy? Doesn't he see City as the perfect setting to show off his unique abilities?

to Messi Mambo 2031.
10 year deal? Is there a walking football la liga we didn't know about?
Must be on a tenner a week and expenses paid for under 10 miles.

Hang on, just realised it's the times.

I was on board last summer but even if he does want to come in the summer, I can’t see how we would make room. Ferran, sterling, Jesus, foden and now a rejuvenated mahrez is more than enough talent and young. Add to that a world class striker & grealish hopefully and there just ain’t room. Kaky, Sarmiento, Cole Palmer, stavanovic all promising talents waiting in the wings too.

I’d love him here, but out of all the players we are being linked to he’s the least needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.