Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One minute he's not negotiating until the end of the season and the next minute he's close to putting pen to paper on a deal that will take him to his 43rd birthday...

We've clearly misread the real situation at Barcelona. Far from being in a financial mess, in danger of failing FFP and having to reduce their wage bill the club actually has more money that it knows what to do with. Messi will sign a new contract (10 years?) with a pay cut which will buy Haaland, they've made contact with PSG to buy Neymar back, they're hoping to fight Chelsea off to get Rabiot from Juventus (for a mere 17 million) and then, of course, there's Garcia from us. We'd better try and tempt Samaras to come back.

I was on board last summer but even if he does want to come in the summer, I can’t see how we would make room. Ferran, sterling, Jesus, foden and now a rejuvenated mahrez is more than enough talent and young. Add to that a world class striker & grealish hopefully and there just ain’t room. Kaky, Sarmiento, Cole Palmer, stavanovic all promising talents waiting in the wings too.

I’d love him here, but out of all the players we are being linked to he’s the least needed.
99.99999% of the time you'd be absolutely right.

The spanner in the works is that this is Messi we're talking about. He could still be a top 10 player in the world at 45 he's that good.

The promising thing though is if he doesn't sign (which I assume to be the case), then the way you've painted our attacking options in the future looks great.

99.99999% of the time you'd be absolutely right.

The spanner in the works is that this is Messi we're talking about. He could still be a top 10 player in the world at 45 he's that good.

The promising thing though is if he doesn't sign (which I assume to be the case), then the way you've painted our attacking options in the future looks great.

Messi is the man, no doubt about that. Just the thought of him training with us day in day out is temping enough. Imagine being zinchenco and having to deal with Messi in training every day..that makes match day a doddle. Then what he can do to players like foden, torres and even Jesus. Having Messi on the pitch instantly creates room for others because teams will have to put 2 men on him.

The upsides are certainly there without mentioning the economics which would obviously be good.

But who makes way?

Messi is the man, no doubt about that. Just the thought of him training with us day in day out is temping enough. Imagine being zinchenco and having to deal with Messi in training every day..that makes match day a doddle. Then what he can do to players like foden, torres and even Jesus. Having Messi on the pitch instantly creates room for others because teams will have to put 2 men on him.

The upsides are certainly there without mentioning the economics which would obviously be good.

But who makes way?
On form raz without a show of doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.