Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we expected another whole season of no fans last summer. Shame to see him go out like this though.
Just like I don’t think he would stay because “his friend Aguero” was signed, I don’t think he would waste another year of his career because of no fans in the stadium. Just a guess, though!

The thing that keeps niggling me is how he's apparently desperate to win the CL again to equal Ronaldo. What's clear is that in the time he has left that's almost impossible with Barcelona.

If he's that desperate to win it and to do it there he may accept a €1 a week contract on condition they invest all the money they save in transfers.
Wouldn't it be easier to join a club that's already set up to get to CL finals?

He's only missing an away game to Eibar. He's already top scorer and has nothing to play for in that game. There is no point in him travelling all the way down there if it means absolutely nothing. You can argue and say, "it could be his last Barcelona game." I think he would rather have his last game be at home than away to Eibar..... when there are no fans in any case. It would be different if there were fans, but there isn't.

Laporta still hasn't spoken to him. Kinda stranger considering Messi should be the priority to him. I honestly think Laporta is scared of the outcome. He knows he has no money, and he knows he can't offer Messi that much of a competitive team for next season. He also can't offer Messi that high of a salary. What can Laporta realistically say to Messi? Oh, we're signing an Aguero who is past his best, a Depay who isn't that great, a Garcia who can't start at City and has looked shit for the most part when he has played? Not a great look when you're signing average free transfers for the most part.... especially after you've finished 3rd in the league and got knocked out of the Champions League early. If anything, Barcelona will struggle even worse next season. Their squad isn't great.... and it will be one year older. You can't expect a 34-year-old Messi to carry the load. The only reason they had a chance of winning the league was down to Messi. He was in great form from January to April.

I'm not saying he's going to leave or anything, but you can't read into that. I honestly believe he will listen to all the offers. I do think City will make him an offer. If Barcelona can't sign a superstar and the signings are not that great, Messi might leave for a couple of years. The longer it goes on the worst it gets for Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.