Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona president Joan Laporta is set to hold a meeting with La Liga chief Javier Tebas this morning as he seeks to find a resolution over Lionel Messi's contract extension.

I think we can expect a decision on this in the coming hours. Personally i i just don't see how they can afford to keep Messi.

It’s mad that he’s having to have a meeting and grovel to the La Liga president over a contract. Shows how much in the shit they are.

Maybe Messi knows they can’t afford him but this will allow him to leave without turning his back on Barca so to speak. Personally I think it over for him at Barca and he will be a City player after the copa tournament finishes. I might be wrong though just a hunch
I also have a strange feeling this is the case. Hope so

Hence the reason why I did not want him here.

Does not matter who he is, if your not 101 % committed you are not for us.

Just strikes me a guy who has achieved what he has, earnt more money than he will ever need, does not want to enjoy the last couple of seasons playing in a team that would give him immense pleasure and satisfaction ( and that does not have to be MCFC)

Even now, it all seems down to cold hard cash, sad, but very predictable.

It is an unreasonable 'commitment'. I for one wouldn't thank him for it, as it brings the baggage to the club too, as the court case has consequences for the new club too. Big ones. And I doubt our heirarchy wanted that post Cas.

It made sense for him to suck it up for a year out of 20 and see it out wothout throwing it all to shit. Nothing to do with commitment or apathy.

He may have since changed his mind about staying there, he may not have. Or if he has, this may change it again for him.

Last edited:
It's hilarious how they will ask Tebas to get away with FFP, it basically asking for cheating.

Also Laporta still bets on the Super League and hoping that the English Clubs will join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.