Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody else find the line 'solution for both parties' a touch jarring in what Laporta said?

If the issue is ffp, then it is just 'the solution', as presumably barca and messi are getting the same thing, what they both want. If there is a solution for both parties, then there are two parties, and they aren't (or one isn't) getting/wanting the same thing.

Nobody else find the line 'solution for both parties' a touch jarring in what Laporta said?

If the issue is ffp, then it is just 'the solution', as presumably barca and messi are getting the same thing, what they both want. If there is a solution for both parties, then there are two parties, and they aren't (or one isn't) getting/wanting the same thing.
i think its just translated weirdly from spanish to english, but you could be right

I assumed he meant Barca and the FFP authority (La Liga/UEFA)

Do you speak Spanish? Would you be able to tell the nuance, in its original. I.e is there one?
no i dont i was guessing but i checked the original in spanish and it says two parties so its safe to say that it is the correct translation which is interesting, i assume both parties refers to barca and messi then

If Messi wanted to stay at all costs he would have done a deal that helped Barca before the existing one ran out. He hasn’t because he wants more money and currently the money he wants Barca cant or won’t pay.

Messi will know what’s available at other clubs and will want Barca to get close to that. Barca will have asked for more time to try and sort and Messi will have said yes because he would rather stay all being equal.

There will come a time when Barca run out of ideas and offers. It might be enough but it might not be.

He wont stay just for the love of the club though it may well be spun that way if he does.

Thats my reading of the noise coming from Barca. Saying they want him and Messi wants to stay means nothing or he wouldn’t be a free agent now.

All about money. Could go either way. Whichever way it goes it was never inevitable as some very clever posters will claim.

Last edited:
Barca must realise hes going hence the friendly games with city a testimonial type game for kun and messi.they are in the sh#t financially so announcing hes leaving would effect season ticket sales so they just rehash they are working on it.personally i think hes gone.

Last edited:
I assumed he meant Barca and the FFP authority (La Liga/UEFA)

I did try to think that, but he said it with we want hin to stay, he wants to stay.

Could be right, but it just stood out to me a bit. Could be a translation thing, could be overthinking it. Just wondered if it caught anyone else similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.