Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the news at the moment is that barca have released umtiti and pjanic, i dont know if it was mutual or if they paid termination fees, but it seems like barca are starting to reduce the wage bill a lot

Not seeing that anywhere, where are you getting that from?

Umtiti I can see. Pjanic has decent sale value to Barcelona, it would surprise me. Think they'd rather get him out on loan with the other coub paying his wages, and still have the option of selling him. Doubt the players would allow their contracts terminated without compensation either.

the news at the moment is that barca have released umtiti and pjanic, i dont know if it was mutual or if they paid termination fees, but it seems like barca are starting to reduce the wage bill a lot

So that frees up what, about €20M a year, only another 50M then to keep Messi happy.

Plus the players they have brought in must be hoovering up that saving surely.

So that frees up what, about €20M a year, only another 50M then to keep Messi happy.

Plus the players they have brought in must be hoovering up that saving surely.

And then another 50m more needed.

I don't think they will need to clear it all, I could see tebas meeting them half way and saying it is clear they have made an effort and progress, and lifting the restrictions on next season.

Ironically then adding messi puts them right back up there, but hey.

Saw highlights of the Argentina game.

That Messi fella is pretty good, who does he play for?

Mundo Deportivo reporting that Umtiti and Pjanic have been released for free. But it's not being reported elsewhere that I can see.

Umtiti is 27 years old with 31 caps for France and started the World Cup final for them in 2018. I can't believe they'd do that.

If they are doing this it shows how absolutely desperate they've become. The irony is it's going to make them less competitive on the pitch, not more.

Mundo Deportivo reporting that Umtiti and Pjanic have been released for free. But it's not being reported elsewhere that I can see.

Umtiti is 27 years old with 31 caps for France and started the World Cup final for them in 2018. I can't believe they'd do that.

If they are doing this it shows how absolutely desperate they've become. The irony is it's going to make them less competitive on the pitch, not more.

Yeah makes perfect sense. Way overloaded in attack, light in midfield, really light in defense. So get rid of a midfielder and a defender, to add another attacking player. Classic Barca.

Two players with resale value as well, 50-60m between them? down the toilet.

Pjanic is a tidy player, could see him at spurs. If we werent so well stacked in midfield, he would fit in well short term, particularly on a free. Prob go back to italy tho, roma should be all over that.

Umtiti has Utd written all over him as a move.

Its not actually hurting them

Umtiti is basically another Mendy. Completely fucked due to knee. Pjanic is crap.

Actually smart moves to pay off those two to reduce wage bill as it wont weaken them.

Pique also taking pay cut. So its significant salaries clear up already.

Barca hacking away at the wage bill, blowing money paying up contracts with money they don’t have. They are in the midst of a financial meltdown. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.