Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read they offered Umtiti and Pajnic mutual termination and both refused. Umtiti wants to stay and prove him self and Pajnic is trying to sort out a transfer. Which you can’t blame him for, he might as well earn the money he’s contracted to while he’s looking for a club.

This is Barca’s problem, it’s easy on paper to say “get rid of these 6 players and reduce the wages of these players then we have a spare 100mill for messi”
But actually getting the players to all agree is a different story!
Footballers arnt daft, they arnt going to accept wage reductions and being asked to leave for half a contract just cause Barca said please.

Only have to look at Rodwell at Sunderland for an example of that.

COVID is also massively impacting budgets too.

We looks quite healthy on outgoings BEFORE even touching the first team. Read that £70m + is being generated from Angelino, Harrison, Nmecha, Porro, Braaf, and Y.Herrera with a few other lesser know players adding the odd half mil-2mil.

We don't know our budget to start with, it might be £120m with FFP/COVID considerations, and maybe £200m is acheivable with the above, to get say a Harry Kane and Grealish for example. But if we're in the market for a left back and possible centre back (if reports are to believed that Laporte wants guaranteed starts), then we have to look at players sales I reckon. A Messi Mambo would surely mean high cash sales are needed. Bernardo and Laporte are the two high value players for me that could help. Bernardo exit would hurt people but he's replaceable and might make Mendy follow him out the door as they are bezzies.

Are they trying to get him to just leave with no compensation ? To cancel a full 4 year deal and walk away with nothing ?

That's the rumour. He'd have to agree to that. Pjanic might, he could still het a decent move elsewhere on good wages, flee that ship, and accepting a flat out termination opens options as he'd be free. Umtit might not as what he is on he might not get. The Brazilian lad whose contract they terminated apparently agreed a one year salary compensation. They might want the same

lol. They make is sound like it’s a stroke of genius. The players have contracts that will need to be paid up - (freedom letter my arse the contract is binding). so Barca are effectively dismissing a valuable asset and paying up the value of the contract. You’ve got to imagine they will be dismissing staff left right and centre in non playing departments etc…. Absolute financial suicide. I think Bury and Macclesfield were run better than this…. if Messi does sign a contract he will have to live with the turmoil he’s indirectly created.

What baffles me is that Messi is supposedly dead set on playing for a club with ambition. Barca are flogging all these players for free - great for the finances (probably not because they’ll have to pay the contract up still with no value coming in) but terrible for being competitive. Double edged sword.

Selling all these players partly just to make sure they keep one for another 2 years.

What baffles me is that Messi is supposedly dead set on playing for a club with ambition. Barca are flogging all these players for free - great for the finances but terrible for being competitive. Double edged sword.

Selling all these players partly just to make sure they keep one for another 2 years.

Yep! That’s when you don’t trust what Messi says? He wants to play in a team capable of challenging for the champions league and the sporting project etc?

What baffles me is that Messi is supposedly dead set on playing for a club with ambition. Barca are flogging all these players for free - great for the finances but terrible for being competitive. Double edged sword.

It’s like buying the cherry for the top of the cake but you have to sell the cake to buy the cherry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.