Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

journo:"The club's situation is VERY fucked up, it's nothing new. But Laporta this week has seen the reality of the drama after Mateu's talk with Tebas. Tough days, tough decisions to be able to save a club that was very touched economically."

the narrative has now begun about how fucked barcas finances are, barca fans are already suggesting that messi shouldnt be re-signed to save on money and some are now starting to blame him, i think this is the beginnings of something

journo:"The club's situation is VERY fucked up, it's nothing new. But Laporta this week has seen the reality of the drama after Mateu's talk with Tebas. Tough days, tough decisions to be able to save a club that was very touched economically."

the narrative has now begun about how fucked barcas finances are, barca fans are already suggesting that messi shouldnt be re-signed to save on money and some are now starting to blame him, i think this is the beginnings of something

Its been impossible from the start, they are well and truly fucked, I have said it time and time again Laporta is a populist, fake promises to get votes.

I find it hilarious how most of those Barca fans seem to be completely unaware of how contracts work. They think Laporta is some untouchable genius that can't be restrained by economic and legal realities.

Barca can't just sack players and refuse to pay them without cause. They may save a few quid in the short term, pre-trial or whatever, but they will have to pay the money eventually, and they will suffer for it. Players won't sign for a team that breaks contracts unilaterally.

They are so fucking arrogant. "This player is getting paid to do nothing!" Too fucking bad. Your club signed the contract. You want them out? Pay the contract up. Otherwise, suck it up.

More than a club? What a joke.

Get him to reduce his wages but supplement his salary various bonuses for a couple of season. I don't think Aguero would of signed for them unless he got assurances that Messi is going to stick around
These are professionals, not Sunday league players trying to get in on the same team. They will do whats best for their respective careers and family.

Kinda what a few of us have been saying for a while. He is slowly creating a situation where it is not only the only option, but the most desirable one for everyone. Messi is letting him, withiut saying anything. Easiest acceptance for all. How it feels

I find it hilarious how most of those Barca fans seem to be completely unaware of how contracts work. They think Laporta is some untouchable genius that can't be restrained by economic and legal realities.

Barca can't just sack players and refuse to pay them without cause. They may save a few quid in the short term, pre-trial or whatever, but they will have to pay the money eventually, and they will suffer for it. Players won't sign for a team that breaks contracts unilaterally.

They are so fucking arrogant. "This player is getting paid to do nothing!" Too fucking bad. Your club signed the contract. You want them out? Pay the contract up. Otherwise, suck it up.

More than a club? What a joke.
Sergio certainly didn't do his homework before signing

Seems to me messi wants to stay but they just can’t finance the deal within the rules
MAkes you wonder how they ever did stay within the rules before now????
Uefa should be looking at the Arthur and pjanic swap deal
Both players values vastly inflated (double) For ffp dodging, then a year later they want to rip his contract up. If they do that will they then try to write off the 60m he was never worth and they never paid
More than a club!

Reactions: nmc
So how long with Messi give them before he thinks properly about his future? This nonsense about Barca canceling contracts etc just doesn’t work?! They have no cash and which player in their right mind either walks away with hardly any severance just to let Barca resign Messi? Also, how are Barca going to be more competitive if they lose 4-5 of their best squad players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.