Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you are saying Chippyboy and i understand the paragraph that you highlighted, but that was written before the possibility of Messi coming onto the market, and if he does then we have to be in there bidding for him regardless of FFP . A Messi transfer to any club will bust FFP wide open so it might as well be us that does it and get his services, EUFA probably fear A Messi move they would prefer he staid at Barca and not have his transfer fee challenge them .

SPIDERBOY said:
Manchester33 said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Really?

Did everyone miss this?

Is Messi being linked with Burnley or Barnsley.

Come on, if you take off your blue tinted glasses we're no way near the size of a team like Barca, Real, and even though I hate to say it, those bellends down the road. We're a big club on a domestic scale, yes, but not on a european scale - yet.

There is no point being precious about it, we have the lure of being Champions and being probably the best English team at the moment, but for someone like Messi who could pick any team in the world I don't know if we would stand out too much as opposed to the likes of Bayern with Pep.

I hope your wearing your tin hat.

It was fair comment.

But regards the Bayen line at the end, there's no way on planet earth Bayern would pay the £150m or whatever it would take to get him. It's just not in their DNA to do that. I think the most they've ever spent is about £30m.

The only clubs who could realistically pull this off are RM, us, Chelsea, PSG. Conceivably (but I doubt it) the rags.

NQCitizen said:
Messi's major deals

Turkish Airlines
Adidas

Would they want him at a Nike/Etihad team?

Can a deal of this magnitude exist in the FFP era without major commercial support?

He currently wears a Nike shirt with Qatar airways on the front,what's the difference with etihad?

lonestay said:
I know what you are saying Chippyboy and i understand the paragraph that you highlighted, but that was written before the possibility of Messi coming onto the market, and if he does then we have to be in there bidding for him regardless of FFP . A Messi transfer to any club will bust FFP wide open so it might as well be us that does it and get his services, EUFA probably fear A Messi move they would prefer he staid at Barca and not have his transfer fee challenge them .

It really wouldn't. If he went for £150m on a 5-year contract, that's only £30m/year. There's a load of clubs who can afford that from an FFP perspective, and that's not even allowing for any revenue increase they would undoubtedly get.

No, from an FFP point of view, Messi moving clubs is a non-event. It's just our bloody sanctions that make it very difficult/impossible for us with our transfer spending restrictions and wages cap and then rest. Were it not for that, it's an easy transaction.

Think of it this way: Messi actually respects us this time, by not dragging Manchester City's name into the clusterfuck that is happening in Barca.

Remember last year when he wants a pay raise and our name has been dragged all year long? Maybe when he visited CFA Txiki told him to stay quiet until we swoop in for him in the summer when we're free of FFP restriction, eh ;)

SPIDERBOY said:
NQCitizen said:
Messi's major deals

Turkish Airlines
Adidas

Can a deal of this magnitude exist in the FFP era without major commercial support?

He currently wears a Nike shirt with Qatar airways on the front,what's the difference with etihad?
Messi has been at Barcelona before those sponsorship agreements. Whereas to actively elect to represent their competition may go down significantly differently.

We've got not hope if he sees this?

B6rIme3IEAA-NtN.jpg

NQCitizen said:
SPIDERBOY said:
NQCitizen said:
Messi's major deals

Turkish Airlines
Adidas

Messi has been at Barcelona before those sponsorship agreements. Whereas to actively elect to represent their competition may go down significantly differently.

I know where your coming from,but I can't see anything ever being said about playing for a club who has different sponsors as to his own personal sponsors,if anything he probably calls the shots.And lets be honest,even if they did kick up a stink,he wouldn't exactly struggle for others.

totally see what you are saying chippyboy and i know how the numbers stack up BUT if the possibility of signing the worlds football superstar was to come up then i cant see the Sheikh passing it up because of FFP, and then seeing Chelsea buy him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.