Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes you think he was never in that realm of paying that much for him wages wise? No wonder Barca are in a complete mess!

I will share something on here now Garcia is no longer a City player.

I wrote previously they went back to him in May and said he would have to take a 50 per cent pay cut.

Their original offer, albeit as a free transfer, was £200k a week AFTER TAX!!!

He was on £35k a week at City and had rejected an increase to £75k a week.

For perspective, 210k after tax in the UK is what, £400k a week?

He's now on £100k a week after tax.

Absolutely mind-boggling for a player who turns slower than milk.

I wrote previously they went back to him in May and said he would have to take a 50 per cent pay cut.

He’s one of their own though!

Just wow. No grip on the current market or know how of how much a player is worth. They’ve been doing this since Neymar left. As a club that won the champions league three times with Barca academy players the likes of Xavi, Busquets, Pedro, Iniesta, Messi Pique, Puyol etc they really haven’t looked at that model in recent years. If I recall Messi mentioned as such last year- I’m paraphrasing but wasn’t it like why are we buying overhyped dross when we should be giving the academy more game time?

So Tolmie, do you honestly think our interest is still there in Messi?

Always been there, just a respectful distance, knowing how difficult a decision and situation it has been for Messi these last couple years.

Pep has always stated Messi should stay at Barca but people tell me he felt let down by Messi last summer.

Taking into account our other business, even treating him as a stand alone, Messi is literally gonna have to pick up the phone and do all the begging and pleading.

Paris taking Ramos, Donnarumma, Wijnaldum on frees suggests they are in a position to go big on Messi if no fee involved.

They know Mbappe is off next year and probably think this season is their best shot at Champions League, having seen how we took them apart.

Putting Messi with Neymar, Mbappe, Ramos and the keeper certainly makes them frightening.

My ears pricked up recently when I saw Laporte mentioned a state club doing business this summer that was out of order.

I assumed it was him being a smacked arse after Wijnaldum changed his mind at the last minute.

Not sure Laporte was eluding to City after the repairing of relations.

It could possibly lend itself to knowing Paris are also into Messi big time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.