Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the real issue although maybe not in this instance with football, a turkey votes for Xmas only once, except in football they do it forever, this is a big chance for a lot of teams to actually achieve something for their fans and they'll shaft them in the end.

Further shades of Munich doing what they want in Germany.....ooo the sky will cave in if anything changes.

Most of us would quit our jobs if someone offered us over 5 times the wages for doing the same thing. Even now with the pay cut he’s on 2 and half times what he’d be on at City… (200 vs 75) Barca can’t be much of a draw if they have to throw money around like this to attract players. This is a timely reminder of why they are in the shit… they have huge revenues but who in their right mind pays a tug boat like Garcia €400k per week. They have systematically mismanaged their finances - and with fixed term contracts of 3 to 5 years - there’s no quick fix.

Barca won't have seen it like that. Their justification is they got a £20m player for free.

He's from Barcelona, his age, represents the national team, etc.

Calm down... apologies for expressing an opinion on a forum... the situation of signing Silva early in his career where he could spend his 10 most productive years at our club could not be more different to the scenario with Messi - but I'll give in to your superior opinion.... you clearly don't value others having thoughts or opinions.
Believe it or not I'm perfectly calm and I've never tried to stop anyone expressing an opinion BUT David was facing a decision early on in his career with potentially enormous repercussions. He didn't want to leave Valencia but he came to City because he was very impressed with what City offered and the respect with which they treated him in the year leading up to his signing for us. There could be real similarities with Messi's position now. That is all I was pointing out and I thought you might like to consider that, so I don't see what you're getting at when you claim that I don't value others having opinions and it was a genuine view that consideration of David Silva's transfer might interest you.

Reactions: nmc
Barca won't have seen it like that. Their justification is they got a £20m player for free.

He's from Barcelona, his age, represents the national team, etc.
I am always baffled when people get so obsessed with transfer prices but seem to care very little about the salary. A strong salary structure, consistent across the group of players, is by far the most effective way to manage the finances. Transfer fees can be dealt with in isolation.

Anyway, I still hope we get Messi on a free..

This is the real issue although maybe not in this instance with football, a turkey votes for Xmas only once, except in football they do it forever, this is a big chance for a lot of teams to actually achieve something for their fans and they'll shaft them in the end.

Further shades of Munich doing what they want in Germany.....ooo the sky will cave in if anything changes.
And I wonder how the fuck that works with FFP.
Can we get gifts off the teams in city group ?

Look, I get that PSG can offer the big bucks and there is the lure of the Paris lifestyle but honestly why would someone like Messi want to play in that league to see out his career? It'd be like dropping an u16 player into an u11s league.

Surely the bigger appeal would be to play in the Premier League? I mean what is going to be best for brand Messi? Scoring goals against Lille, Lyon and Marseille or doing the same against United, Liverpool and Chelsea?

And I wonder how the fuck that works with FFP.
Can we get gifts off the teams in city group ?
Nah that sort of skulduggery is only available where chairman want to just trouser cash by keeping the status quo.

Look at the actions of the lower Prem sides almost to a team they're happy to pick up the TV money/scraps from having history clubs at the top hence, the almost universal dislike of City within them and little investment in their own teams to break into the elite.

Believe it or not I'm perfectly calm and I've never tried to stop anyone expressing an opinion BUT David was facing a decision early on in his career with potentially enormous repercussions. He didn't want to leave Valencia but he came to City because he was very impressed with what City offered and the respect with which they treated him in the year leading up to his signing for us. There could be real similarities with Messi's position now. That is all I was pointing out and I thought you might like to consider that, so I don't see what you're getting at when you claim that I don't value others having opinions and it was a genuine view that consideration of David Silva's transfer might interest you.
Was it not Silva that Barcelona started selling shirts with his name on before any deal had been agreed. I seem to remember that that pissed him off from reports.

How long is Messi prepared to wait for Barca?
Currently they are frantically trying to offload players to bring the wage bill down but this could drag on until transfer deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.