Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't said he has. He is certainly not a Barcelona player howerver.

Might be savouring his freedom. Might be thinking of retiring, or maybe exploring his options.
It's a valid point. He's about to make the biggest decision of his career and it shouldn't be a shock to anybody he's spending a fair bit of time pondering over it.

If PSG have publicly 'pulled out' of their pursuit to land Messi, then it must mean they were in. Which then probably means, there was at the very least a discussion. Which says that Laporta's so called agreement in place with him, is not that agreed.
Have they 'publicly', or is it just another 'reportedly'?

It’s more likely that Barca have him on a rolling contract whilst they work out how to sort their wage cap out.

I find that hard to believe. Even that, they'd be advertising as some sort of success. I can see it less than the one whwere they'll just make it up to him in a signing on bonus should he rejoin.

But either way, I steuggle to see Measi stitting by the phone waiting for them to sort out their issue. Personally.

They could front load his contract by giving him a huge signing on fee to cover most of his wages for the season, then give him a much lower weekly wage. It doesn’t help their financial mess, but would help with their wage cap issue.
Any sign on fee would obviously count as compensation to the player, aka wage. If they pay it all at once, every week or every month doesnt really matter, it counts annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.