Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the likes of chelsea are getting in on it, we literally can't afford NOT to be in for him as well. they will become PL favorites if they nab him & lukaku

We can't buy every player that might be a threat to us if they go somewhere else, the day Lukaku becomes a threat to us something has gone horribly wrong, as for Messi? He's the icing on the cake that will bring the wrath of every hater in the media to a state of vinegar strokes.

Barcelona with Messi are not as good as City, Chelsea with Messi is something that concerns me not a jot.

It is not unreasonable to assume we are looking at Messi as an option. The Longer Levy doesn't budge the more Messi could appeal as an option.

There comes a point where we will have done all we can and likewise Kane. If Levy doesn't budge though a time comes where both parties accept nothing more could be done, we won't have left Kane in the lurch and Kane won't have bottled it. With both of us accepting the other did their bit.

To everyone saying Pep wouldn't go for Messi because he has already shunned us last year, Laporte also did that once and we ended up signing him.
Laporte was different as he'd had a serious injury and I'm not sure was mentally ready to risk a step up in another country.

I wouldn't say Messi shunned anyone last summer, as clearly he said he was leaving and Barca said he couldn't. His only way out of that would have been to spend the last year in court, so it made more sense to play on. The only potential shun was if we had an offer on the table this summer and he chose to sign for Barca instead. If that was the case, not sure how we'd feel about putting it back on the table because Barca has let him down.

I'm still convinced this is nothing but a circus and he'll end up signing for Barca once La Liga change the rules to allow it. An MLS designated player outside the wage cap scenario. Give both Madrid teams the same rights and everyone is happy and La Liga doesn't start to slip down the worldwide viewing figures

Laporte was different as he'd had a serious injury and I'm not sure was mentally ready to risk a step up in another country.

I wouldn't say Messi shunned anyone last summer, as clearly he said he was leaving and Barca said he couldn't. His only way out of that would have been to spend the last year in court, so it made more sense to play on. The only potential shun was if we had an offer on the table this summer and he chose to sign for Barca instead. If that was the case, not sure how we'd feel about putting it back on the table because Barca has let him down.

I'm still convinced this is nothing but a circus and he'll end up signing for Barca once La Liga change the rules to allow it. An MLS designated player outside the wage cap scenario. Give both Madrid teams the same rights and everyone is happy and La Liga doesn't start to slip down the worldwide viewing figures
Yeah same. Teabags silence is deafening. Although SSN reported La liga have said they don't see it necessary to make a new statement - the rules are the rules.

Messi this year, Haaland or Mbappe next year, or Kane now.

It’s a no brained for me.
I predict a Kane U turn start of next week, some form of apology (it was a misunderstanding, I've just been isolating - I'm Spurs through and through) and then City to go absolutely billy big balls deep for Lionel.

He's got to leave eventually, be it this year or one or two years time.

I really don't see La Liga changing their rules to keep one player reaching the end of his career and the ensuing mess it could lead to when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.