Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's responsible for 30% of Barca's revenue (which I very much doubt), that means he's responsible for 17% of their deficit. Working out the cost of Messi based on the 30% metric in pounds pence & shillings means Messi earns £107m per year, & brings in £170m.

Are you seriously suggesting that sponsors, TV companies & merchandising buying fans are more interested in Messi than Barca winning?

Messi is the superstar of the superstar winning team. Take away the winning & the superstars don't matter. It's crazy that one player can account for 17% of your gross costs.
Barca have had numerous superstars before Messi, there is an argument some were even better, they will have future superstars.

Once a player gets bigger than the club and Messi was becoming that, the club is in trouble.

As Laporta quite rightly pointed out Barca is bigger than Messi, or Pep, Maradona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinhio, Hagi, Liniker, Cruyff etc.

And guess what. MCFC is bigger than Messi.

Messi is and has been the greatest player of his generation, but offering the deal Barca did at his age and in their financial situation was utter lunacy, just as signing Kun on a free to keep his mate company.

Last edited:
Cat out of bag? ‘Our wages are £352m’. Clearly talking about the club they support no?

Clearly he/she reads the silly wages the press come out with rather than ones from financial reports and added them up wrong

I find it very strange that having seemingly pursued Messi every transfer window to varying degrees over the last few years, right up to last summer, now when he actually becomes available we show no interest at all.

I hate to think that given Pep’s relationship with the player we were caught unaware and spunked £100m on Grealish just hours before Messi was free. That cannot be the case, can it? We’re better run than that, I sincerely hope.

Messi’s ability and his marketability would have propelled us to a level far above our rivals once and for all.

Now despite spending £100m we still need a top class striker.

I find it very strange that having seemingly pursued Messi every transfer window to varying degrees over the last few years, right up to last summer, now when he actually becomes available we show no interest at all.

I hate to think that given Pep’s relationship with the player we were caught unaware and spunked £100m on Grealish just hours before Messi was free. That cannot be the case, can it? We’re better run than that, I sincerely hope.

Messi’s ability and his marketability would have propelled us to a level far above our rivals once and for all.

I would hazard a wild guess that Pep knew his preferred destination was PSG and therefore the club went for other options which does seem our style of negotiation.

Yes from any top team. He was paid hundreds of millions by Barca because he earned them BILLIONS. He’d have earned the same at any top club. You need to stop being quite so hysterical. Terms like “he’s a user..” are beyond cringe. This isn’t Jeremy Kyle, he’s a professional footballer.
They were amazing for each other, Barca helped him become the GOAT, Messi made Barca the greatest club side in the world in the Pep/Enrique era.

Messi and family became rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Why is this being said.

Grealish has been on the cards for months, irrelevant of the messi situation.

Jack even hinted that in his interview he knew of interest, reports have come out Kev reported back last year we should sign him.

Choosing to sign messi or not has fuck all to do with Grealish signing in my opinion.

Why is this being said.

Jack even hinted that in his interview he knew of interest, reports have come out Kev reported back last year we should sign him.

Choosing to sign messi or not has fucl all to do with Grealish signing in my opinion.

That’s good then, as I hoped.

We just need to go all out for Kane now.

we didn't 'spunk' 100m on Grealish. We paid thenrelease clause of a player we wanted and who wanted to come.

Agree with the rest, doubt Pep didn't know what was going on with Messi.

Why is this being said.

Choosing to sign messi or not has fucl all to do with Grealish signing in my opinion.
Posters trying to blame Grealish YCNMIU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.