Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be playing them all off against each other to see who offers the most.
There will be a bit of that but I also feel it will be a family decision as well for him. Deciding with his wife and kids what they all want. He is the best player in the world he can pick to go where he wants, well except the one place he wants to be ironically

It’s weird as I think him going there is such an easy way out, the difficulty is it may be one of a small number of offers so he may have little choice.

Aside from purely money, why would Messi pick PSG in all seriousness?

• So he can play with Neymar and jostle for position with him over who's top dog?
• So he can learn from Poch? - erm!
• So he can get excited about playing ... Lille?
• So he can play in a league that no-one really gives a shit about?

I've said it before that getting Messi will pay itself through shirt sales and sponsors, he's free now and we need to swallow our pride and get after him.
The sky sports reporter in Barcelona just said similar when talking of PSG affording him, he pays for himself through sponsor money, worldwide interest and shirt sales.
We're the only club in the premier league who can afford him.

We need to get it done.
Said the same thing last night about him paying for himself. People just don't seem to understand how much money the messi brand brings in. You can pay him £1 million a week and he's still making the club money. Signing Messi on a free transfer gets you the best player on the planet at zero cost and a shit tonne of money, there's zero negatives.

Were not the only club that can afford him though, any of the top 6 could comfortably offer him a contract he would just laugh at all but 2/3 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.