Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If for no other reason than to stop the “well he’s never done it in the Premier League”. If he came here and scored more goals than Ron, got more CL goals than Ron and then buggered off to the MLS with his World Cup winners medal, Balon Dor and PL title too it would be hilarious watching some folk explode.

If a deal can be done for a reasonable price we'll make the money back easy in shirt and ticket sales. People will wanna see Messi - Haaland linking up with De Bruyne feeding them both.
Messi coming in doesn't increase the capacity of the ground so ticket sales is moot. Football clubs only get around 5% percent of shirt sales so this argument is also moot.

Messi coming in doesn't increase the capacity of the ground so ticket sales is moot. Football clubs only get around 5% percent of shirt sales so this argument is also moot.
Interestingly PSG sold 600,000 Messi shirts last year.. let’s be conservative and say we sold 500,000 as a city player, at £70 a shirt sold, and 5% take home for city It’s £1.75m a year in shirt sales. So no, the club wouldn’t make their money back in shirt sales.
However, the real financial benefit to City is TV revenues from around the world, club sponsorship deals and that includes justification for say brands like Etihad or Etislat increasing their numbers.
Theres no doubt signing Messi generates the club huge sums of money, he’s at an age now though you’d not pay much for his services bar a signing on fee and wage structure that includes bonuses rather than a stupidly obscene basic wage. There’s ways around it and the fact he’s the age he is probably works in our favour.
The real questions are, can he cope in the PL now? Would he improve us? Would he fancy the challenge? and most importantly do we want him and does he want us? If all those are a yes then it’s a no brainer.
Can you imagine the piss boiling, the knowledge he’d gift our current and future players etc. Do I see it happening? No, I think that boats sailed, not because I don’t want him but he’s snubbed us twice now and Pep won’t go in for a 3rd let down I don’t think.

We don't need another player who doesn't do pressing and track back.

Just Haaland is enough, no need for another player to do like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.