Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I know mate.

It's not my money and I never envisaged how Shiekh Mansour would get a return on his investment when he started out with us.

He's had his money and enjoyment back, ten-fold.

£500m for the type of exposure Messi would bring, it might be seen as a small price to pay, as Juve have done with Ronaldo?

Every corporate seat would be occupied, kids would be falling over themselves to be associated with City.

Even at 33, he becomes the best player in the Premier League overnight.
True. If you can get Messi, you should go for him. The guy is still the best player in the world and doesn't show any sign of declining.

As you said, he is also a big boost on all the areas off the pitch with merchandising, selling tickets, finding sponsorship, etc. There is a reason why PSG and Juventus, two clubs with ambitions on and off the pitch spent so much for Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo, respectively. What followed was PSG signing contracts with Jordan, Nike, Accor and not being a target of FFP for his Qatari related contracts anymore and Juventus improving their deal with Adidas and Jeep. Remember that those contracts will likely keep running even after those players departure (Nike signed with PSG until 2032), so you will have increased your "FFP margin/cap" when the player wages will be out of your account.

That being said, i really don't think he will ever leave Barça. He is just showing who is the boss and the club will simply accept all his demands.

Mumbai City FC are pleased to announce the agreement with Lionel Messi on a free transfer. The player will undergo medicals here in Mumbai following which he will be unveiled to Fans at Wankhede Stadium and then will be immediately loaned out to ManCity FC to continue his development

Mumbai City FC are pleased to announce the agreement with Lionel Messi on a free transfer. The player will undergo medicals here in Mumbai following which he will be unveiled to Fans at Wankhede Stadium and then will be immediately loaned out to ManCity FC to continue his development

Is that a tribute to the Geordie who got banned? Sorry poor joke

He is 33 and people are right to think the club might not be willing to invest such an amount of money in him at that age. He's human after all and he's at tricky age for transfer of that kind of money involved. Sponsorship and shit, I know, but I've not seen anything to think we are ready to operate this way. We've been pretty careful to stay in
Oh, I know mate.

It's not my money and I never envisaged how Shiekh Mansour would get a return on his investment when he started out with us.

He's had his money and enjoyment back, ten-fold.

£500m for the type of exposure Messi would bring, it might be seen as a small price to pay, as Juve have done with Ronaldo?

Every corporate seat would be occupied, kids would be falling over themselves to be associated with City.

Even at 33, he becomes the best player in the Premier League overnight.

So are you saying there's something in these rumours then Tolm?

I personally don’t want this, it would completely destroy the wage structure we have spent years building, as well as the fact he is 33 in June.

He and Barcelona have been a football dynasty and I think it should be left that way, maybe that’s just far too traditionalist of me but the thought of him else where doesn’t sit well.

If he came here on a mill a week and hated the climate and culture after 6 months where would that leave us? He has been accustomed to one culture and club since he was a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.