Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polo is a mouthpiece for Bartomeu and it's already known Koeman is Barto's preferred choice. There are hurdles to overcome in his appointment, not the least what it does to KNVB & Dutch NT ahead of Euro 2021 - he'd still have to negotiate his release while leaving them adrift. Plus, there is no real security in his appointment as I would imagine Ron would want at least 2 year guarantee - with elections pending, there's no guarantee of that. Looks official though

His appointment is a political one, it addresses nothing and certainly will not placate Leo or fans who will see Bartomeu continuing to make one bad decision after another with no legitimate sporting plan in place. If elections are indeed not called or moved forward the club loses this season & the next for any real change and that effectively determines Leo's fate. Barto stays, Leo leaves and he will not wait until next summer

I think we will hear from Messi's entourage soon in light of decisions taken today

Polo is a mouthpiece for Bartomeu and it's already known Koeman is Barto's preferred choice. There are hurdles to overcome in his appointment, not the least what it does to KNVB & Dutch NT ahead of Euro 2021 - he'd still have to negotiate his release while leaving them adrift. Plus, there is no real security in his appointment as I would imagine Ron would want at least 2 year guarantee - with elections pending, there's no guarantee of that. Looks official though

His appointment is a political one, it addresses nothing and certainly will not placate Leo or fans who will see Bartomeu continuing to make one bad decision after another with no legitimate sporting plan in place. If elections are indeed not called or moved forward the club loses this season & the next for any real change and that effectively determines Leo's fate. Barto stays, Leo leaves and he will not wait until next summer

I think we will hear from Messi's entourage soon in light of decisions taken today

This Bartomeu guy is apparently staying on and NOT calling for Election.

Too much politics for a football forum :)

If Ronald does get a very nice contract from Barca it wouldn’t bother him too much if he’s binned once the new regime enters ,as he will get a nice payout I assume. What a mess for Barcelona as everything feels stuck in time until the current top brass step aside which it doesn’t seem they want to.

Haven't you predicted Messis departure every summer since 2014

If Ronald does get a very nice contract from Barca it wouldn’t bother him too much if he’s binned once the new regime enters ,as he will get a nice payout I assume. What a mess for Barcelona as everything feels stuck in time until the current top brass step aside which it doesn’t seem they want to.

The thing is, Koeman is not short of cash, he's always going to be in the hat for Barca manager because they're obsessed with having ex-players doing it and he's a club legend.

So why abandon a really good project with the Netherlands, where you're one of the favourites for Euro 2021, to go to Barcelona for 1 year?

Especially as the Barcelona job will almost definitely be open again in 12 months time after the election, and a good showing at Euros would put him in pole position.

The thing is, Koeman is not short of cash, he's always going to be in the hat for Barca manager because they're obsessed with having ex-players doing it and he's a club legend.

So why abandon a really good project with the Netherlands, where you're one of the favourites for Euro 2021, to go to Barcelona for 1 year?

Especially as the Barcelona job will almost definitely be open again in 12 months time after the election, and a good showing at Euros would put him in pole position.

Good points yeah what could he of possibly been promised when he knows the people making the promises will not be around for long. He’s better let some other mug take the poisoned chalice for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.