Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would also add Inter to this equation, especially if they get their Chinese backed owners on board.
Plus the Italian networks would love to spend the cash in marketing the rekindling of the Messi vs Ronaldo rivalry.

Would say if he ever does move from Barca, the Italian League would probably be the most easiest transition for him both on & off the field. Playing for Conte could be a sticking point but doesn’t seems to have done Lukaku or Martinez any harm.

Lots of rumours about Inter, if it is true, 100% Martinez will be off.

The only reason I'd see him leave Barcelona is to improve his chances of winning a European Cup. With respect, City have a better chance than Inter, Sergio is here and Pep is here. I don't see why he'd move to Inter over City.
Money and a easier league, he would be the main star attraction. The Premier is a hard league, more competitive , more games.
Lifestyle to, Milan over Manchester, and not too far to get back to his Barcelona family home.

The only reason I'd see him leave Barcelona is to improve his chances of winning a European Cup. With respect, City have a better chance than Inter, Sergio is here and Pep is here. I don't see why he'd move to Inter over City.

The Messi family have Italian passports, and Italy recently introduced big tax breaks for Italians overseas to move to Italy. Apparently he and his father have both bought property in Milan very recently as well.

I would also add Inter to this equation, especially if they get their Chinese backed owners on board.
Plus the Italian networks would love to spend the cash in marketing the rekindling of the Messi vs Ronaldo rivalry.

Would say if he ever does move from Barca, the Italian League would probably be the most easiest transition for him both on & off the field. Playing for Conte could be a sticking point but doesn’t seems to have done Lukaku or Martinez any harm.

Yep, fair enough add Inter into the mix. But if Messi wants a realistic shot at winning the CL again before he retires and it’s between us and them then I think we win. Plus Martinez won’t be at Inter for much longer anyway ;)

The numbers tell me he is the greatest player of all time. Barcelona do not have an excellent squad at all, its crap outside of about 4 players.

They score less and concede more because the team is a shambles, the coaching and recruitment has been piss poor for years.

In the past few years he has had to take the team on his shoulders and carry it because what options does he have? hes the superstar in a team crumbling around him. If you had the greatest player of all time you are going to pass the ball to other players? when we are searching for a goal do we say to KDB "Nah not today mate, I reckon Gundogan will win us this game instead".
Did the 86 Bulls pass the ball to Scottie Pippen or Michael Jordan?
Did the New England Patriots put the ball in the hands of Tom Brady or run the ball when time is running out?

Im baffled how you can look at Messi and think hes not a team player, fck me. Does he not have the most assists in the La Liga every year and the most of all time?

Messi is not above playing as a team player when he has a team around him, look at him when he was in the 2011 Barca team, arguably the greatest of all time. All anyone spoke about was how humble he was and how he was racking up goals and assists for Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro and Henry etc. Under Pep he used to run his socks off, its what the Barca team was about. Since Pep left its been a dilution of the infamous "3 second press" and all of the standards that Barca used to have.

You want Messi charging around the pitch like a mad man so he can win it and pass the ball to Martin fucking Braithwaite once of Boro and scorer of about 50 goals in 10 years.

I like the explanation around your opinion but I'll counter it by saying that Messi doesn't have the legs he had in 2011.
If it were 2011 (or even 2018) then I'd want him and Pep would want him and we'd be fools to not get him if we could, but it's 2020, soon to be 2021 and tide and time wait for no man.

It's an interesting topic, and I've taken onboard a few notions from reading some well described opinions, but I think that it's all academic anyhow. We won't sign him because he doesn't press (can't press / won't press).
We defend from the front, our press is key to all we do and if one man doesn't join in then we don't have a press.

I have no doubt Messi has enough left to be fucking brilliant, himself, for some years to come.

Watching him v Napoli, he sometimes received the ball in positions where the oppo were huge favourites to win it, but he was away & causing chances. Against Bayern, he threw the towel in, but his team mates were beyond a joke.

Will he beat two men & play that little pass through to Aguero, like Silva did ? Yes - he creates space for others as defenders are drawn to him - the space he will create not just for Aguero but for Jesus, Foden, KDB etc would be very useful- he plays with more pressure again for Argentina and for a different manager...Agueor use to be more greedy - Pep sorted that out and Kun has leapt up another level

Well he doesn't, for Argentina, he beats a 3rd & shoots or loses the ball.

Barca is built around Messi but we are not. Ibrahimovic had to go, for Messi to thrive. Ibrahimovic is one of the most overrated and THE most arrogant twat to ever grace a football field. Its no secret that he and Pep hated each other and he is far too arrogant to work off the ball the way Pep demanded. The question whether Messi fits in is up to Pep and Txixi but I have no doubt personally that he would. As I have previously poste I thikn our team would actually benefit Messi as it has lots of players who will run through walls - he could play as a false 9 or part of a front 3

Will we drop him if he ruins the team structure, or start dropping everyone else ? As above - I dont think he would play every game anyway - he would be part of rotation - I think he would be glad of this at his age - again less pressure

Will we have our identity or just be 'Messi' ? - Thats something that the media will do but as supporters WE can affect - we carry on supporting THE CLUB and THE OTHER PLAYERS just as much as Messi - not even Kompany who was a huge personality and leader or Yaya were bigger than the club and the hierachy showed Yaya this (hence his most recent comments about the statue of David Silva being "a bit odd" - jealous much Yaya???????) They showed that to Tevez when he went AWOL. Messi wont be captain either remember (or I highly doubt it)

Will Pep build a team, if we give him Messi, or will he just cash in, if it works, then fuck off ? - Pep is building a team already - Torres, Ake are two young new additions of quality - Pep is going to leave one day regardless. We have the basis of a young squad (and if we get Aouar as well who I tink is only very early 20's thats another - we have a nice blend with then the likes of Messi, KDB and maybe Koulibaly - all teams transition every few years anyway

If Pep can't adapt to the tactics teams are now using v City & can't even build a defence out of Walker, Stones, Koulibaly, Aké, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, thus proving he is finished at City, will he stay on because he's promised Messi, & go mental ? Will he leave & if so, what of Messi ? Will the next manager, try & fail, to build his team around Messi ? Can he ?
Pep has continullly shown that he can adapt - however like all managers he will get it wrong - he isnt and no one is inafalable.....Im not sure why you think Pep has got his tactics wrong - 7- trophies already say the opposite. With the defence no one can legislate for Stones not being mentally tough enough and Mendy being a perma-crock. Pep will do what he wants to do regardless of what Messi does and vice versa - Pep has always said that he would either get sacked or let the club know if he thought he could do no more - thats all you can expect of a manager. Im sure the club are already aware of who they want for the next manager - the succession will already have been planned and it will be at that point that maybe Messi will hang up his boots or play somewhere like the MLS for a year or two to finish off.

Etc.

It's not such a simple question as suggested

It is actually asimple question and you sort of answered it yourself in the first line - I have no doubt Messi has enough left to be fucking brilliant, himself, for some years to come.

The off the pitch stuff that you are worried about Txixi and Khaldoon will control and even if you doubt Pep the recent woman slapping of UEFA at the CAS case should leave you in no doubt that these guys do not mess around and they are too be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.