Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many big “ifs” around this story.

If Messi wins his demand to be allowed to leave on a free (which I understand is unlikely) could we afford the huge signing fee and salary he would demand ?

if there is a transfer fee, its likely to be very large. Do we really want to pay a huge sum for a 33 year old and then pay his huge salary.

If we did sign him where would we play him and who gives way. Would Pep want to redesign his format to accommodate Messi. It’s pretty clear he gets to play wherever he likes for Barca. Would that work at City.

If we sign him what does that do for the likes of Mahrez and Bernardo. Also, doesnt Messi operate predominantly on the right side of midfield which is where KDB plays. Do we move Kev to accommodate Messi.

I can see the huge marketing potential of a deal like this for the Club. I’m just not convinced it make sense on the pitch.

Would definitely not want Jesus to be in the deal.
Too much potential in the boy to let him go for the sake of a couple of years of Messi.
Would be very surprised if we were to agree to this.

It doesn't really make sense for us because we're already short on strikers, and Aguero's injury is notoriously a bastard to get over. Yeah maybe Messi will play up front but a 32 year old recovering from injury and a 33 year old who's already moving back from the false 9 role?

I don't see Jesus going anywhere. I understand why Barca would want him though.

City obviously tie down players before engaging with the clubs, but if the player cuts himself free from his club there's only so much you can do.

The best you can do is play the long game like the club have to make your proposition the most attractive, and be the first name on the list if he does offer his services around.

once bitten, twice shy

City obviously tie down players before engaging with the clubs, but if the player cuts himself free from his club there's only so much you can do.

The best you can do is play the long game like the club have to make your proposition the most attractive, and be the first name on the list if he does offer his services around.
And then hope he doesn't pull an Alves (which I don't think he will).

6e51c511-b2ce-48a2-890c-f076b2b8e7f9-jpeg.863
Who let @Ban-jani out of the mod detention centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.